If you don't believe the war on drugs is out of control read this.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Since when is exercise of free speech RS for a traffic stop? I'm pretty sure that's not what the SCOTUS was thinking about when they wrote Terry.

An IQ of 125 isn't exactly Mensa level, yet that's too high for officers? That must be some department... Why would they even test for IQ in the first place? (The court's response shows that the same test is apparently administered to would be federal judges.)

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Only someone with a low IQ would read that article and believe it was a representation of every police agency in the country.

Can you say that it's only this one department?

Now it's precedent in the 2nd Circuit, meaning any agency there can exclude the smarter ones and not run afoul of discrimination laws.

And the bizarre -- he was too bright to be hired as a PO, but some correctional facility hired him as a CO. Hmmm...

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Only someone with a low IQ would read that article and believe it was a representation of every police agency in the country.
    I think that, given the actions of numerous departments SWAT teams and others on a nationwide basis, that there is plenty of evidence to support the contention that numerous officers (at all levels) are chosen for low IQ's. Their actions speak louder than their test scores.

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    The drug war is supposed to be about protecting us against ourselves... Just think about that... Can you actually commit a crime against yourself?

1316107798_why_are_you_hitting_yourself.gif

Why Ya Hittin Yourself? Sorta feels like that.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I am not surprised. Tennessee is one of the worst offenders abusing asset forfeiture laws and consequently I doubt that those supervising the offending officer care if he can tell poison ivy from pina colada so long as the revenue flows.

That said, the drug war is working extremely well, at least for those who profit by legalized larceny.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I think that, given the actions of numerous departments SWAT teams and others on a nationwide basis, that there is plenty of evidence to support the contention that numerous officers (at all levels) are chosen for low IQ's. Their actions speak louder than their test scores.

Numerous. Could you put that into context? Perhaps a specific percentage of mistakes? Percentage of agencies hoping for half brained applicants?

I just wish someone had the gumption to put their money where there mouth is, get a job as a police officer and show the rest of us intellectually challenged lumps how it's done.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Numerous. Could you put that into context? Perhaps a specific percentage of mistakes? Percentage of agencies hoping for half brained applicants?

I just wish someone had the gumption to put their money where there mouth is, get a job as a police officer and show the rest of us intellectually challenged lumps how it's done.

So you wish someone would devote their life and career to make a narrow point?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    So you wish someone would devote their life and career to make a narrow point?

Not so much to make a narrow point but to straighten out what's wrong, educate themselves on what it's like to play the game rather than watch it on television and maybe, just maybe show us knuckle draggers how it's supposed to be done. There's never a shortage of critics but precious few willing to do anything.

Top Bottom