If you forgot where you stashed your C4 and Claymores, give the ATF a jingle...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    A similar stash of C4 was found, along with several dozen firearms and thousands of rounds of ammunition, in an unused storage shed behind a library on the south side of Chicago. An obviously shocked resident who requested anonymity told news reporters "I've lived in this neighborhood all my life. I never knew we had a library"! :dunno:

:lmfao:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    So that would give the age. Any records of where those lots were distributed to are probably long gone.

I have no idea how long records are kept, but you did have to sign out demolitions. The problem would be they are signed out to a unit, not an individual. You'd probably not get past the company or platoon level.

It's also a giant pain in the backside to turn demo back in, and there's no real record of how much you used. We'd blow whatever we had left at the end of the day just to avoid the hassle of a turn in, but if somebody was so inclined there's no way to know if 5 blocks went up or 4 went up and one went in a ruck. Claymores were more controlled than C4, usually you only got one. It'd be much harder to swipe, at the user level, a bunch of Claymores over a given period of time than it would be det cord, C4, blasting caps, etc. I'd be more inclined to think training/range staff or outright theft.

Note, we were searched when we came off the demo range but it was more going through the motions.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    The manufacturer would be able to track the lots to where they were originally sent...but how specific those records would be will vary widely. Some pretty specific, others not at all.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    The manufacturer would be able to track the lots to where they were originally sent...but how specific those records would be will vary widely. Some pretty specific, others not at all.
    Those appear to be DOD M112 Demolition Charges, unless something has changed in the last 10 years or so, they are lot#’d and dated, and the DOD knows where they were issued and “expended” or where they should still be “stored”. Somebody gonna be in big trouble! Commercial C4has a different make up, and different packaging.

Top Bottom