• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Contact me as soon as possible with what kind and from where. Only marion county and it's a revolver. Suspect says he took it in a robbery but he may mean burglary. Have to be in the past week.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I really hope someone contacts you about this, but I am chuckling at the same time. I don't think there has been a "I'VE BEEN ROBBED" thread started in the last week. You know how it works around here....

I quit policing in 2006 and never would have thought about putting out a request for help in an active investigation on the internet. I commend you.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Contact me as soon as possible with what kind and from where. Only marion county and it's a revolver. Suspect says he took it in a robbery but he may mean burglary. Have to be in the past week.

I just took 2 reports 3 days ago where guns were taken from cars. One was Ruger 9mm... not it huh? The other was a semi-auto shotgun. .. not even close

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I just took 2 reports 3 days ago where guns were taken from cars. One was Ruger 9mm... not it huh? The other was a semi-auto shotgun. .. not even close

The S/N isn't in the system yet, so I don't think so. Late shift snagged someone and was asking if anyone knew anything about it. I'm thinking he may just be trying to distance himself from the gun, but he says he just got it in a robbery the last few days. It'll be interesting to see what ballistics ties it to...

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I had a 44 magnum Ruger Super Blackhawk w/7 1/4 bbl in New Jersey in 1977.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    I had an Ultimate Bright Stainless, 4" Colt King Cobra .357 and a Royal blue 6" Colt Diamondback .38 stolen from me years ago....I mean considering what I sold them for and the prices they command today. :(

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Brand snob......I wear that T shirt with pride.
    Shop I worked for sent many back (not for minor crap either), I fixed a sh*tload myself...............and oh what lovely customer service.
    Even volume adjusted...............they sucked far and away more than all other brands combined.

Yeah, I earned my friggin T shirt.

I had to hear about how great they were, over and over, and then had those people crying about their rigs going back (half of the owners)......and then calling all the time about when it would show up. Then............deal with a good % of them being rather PO'd when the problem wasn't fixed, or it had another problem.

And you act like "Brand Snob" is a bad thing.

Maybe you should be a little less liberal and call it for what it really is............

I'm a Taurus hater.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Shop I worked for sent many back (not for minor crap either), I fixed a sh*tload myself...............and oh what lovely customer service.
    Even volume adjusted...............they sucked far and away more than all other brands combined.

I had to hear about how great they were, over and over, and then had those people crying about their rigs going back (half of the owners)......and then calling all the time about when it would show up. Then............deal with a good % of them being rather PO'd when the problem wasn't fixed, or it had another problem.

Maybe you should be a little less liberal and call it for what it really is............

I'm a Taurus hater.

Semantics.
    Whatever trips your trigger.
    Your mileage may vary I guess.
    I own several Taurus firearms, have owned and shot a few of them for more than 10 years, and have had an issue with exactly 1 of them.
    Taurus replaced it and I sold the replacement.

Liberal?:lmfao:

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN

I'm a Taurus hater.

Ill second ALL of this. selling Taurus's results in headaches. My worst one was a 9mm that wouldn't fire more than two rounds w/out major malfunctions. sent it in... came back with a test fire tartget saying they couldn't identify the problem. customer returned it... sent it in, same result but this time it came with 15 casings, and a target saying no problem found.

keep in mind that I myself could not get it to fire more than two consecutive rounds w/ ANY brand ammo.

The third time we sent it in we received a phone call saying that the chamber had not been finished being cut and they were going to send a replacement... when the replacement arrived they had shipped a blued gun to replace a stainless gun, and returned only one of the two magazines sent with it. hardly an even replacement.

Never did get an explanation on how they test fired it successfully the first two times when it never had the chamber cut to the correct depth.

Top Bottom