If you have a Arizona CWP - read this...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • klrbear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    Thanks for busting my bubble. I just got my AZ non-resident permit three months ago...specifically for OH.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I got my Florida to cover Ohio, Kansas and a couple others that don't recognize IN. Then I got AZ to cover me in Nevada.

Go to Handgunlaw.us to see the states that honor or recognize IN and which ones honor other states' non-resident licenses. Pick and choose what you need then head to the check out line.;)
    Handgun law.US, Tagged for future ref.

klrbear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    Well said Bill of Rights! The info here is why I love this forum. Looks like I need to add FL or UT next.

Gary Slider

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    It was AZ that wrote the agreement. The OH AG's Office confirmed that also. My biggest problem with this whole deal is the Agreement was written in 2004. I didn't hear about this until 2 weeks ago. Sent out some feelers to everyone I knew in AZ and OH without contacting the OH AG Office directly. Didn't want to tip them to something they didn't even realize. OH AG office actually called me in response to my email asking for info on all the states they honored to make sure I had the correct info. They mentioned the AZ non resident without me saying anything. Then got into a nice chat with the guy. It was AZ who wrote it. Ohio didn't care it is what AZ wanted. I did ask him to please note that on their site as people will stay within the law but they have to know what the law is. He stated he would pass my idea along.

With all this junk going on not only with Ohio but it is impossible for someone who carries to stay within the law. There is no way for anyone to know them all. Then throw in the junk the feds have and they can arrest about anyone they want anytime they want. Things are really screwed up.

Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network

Wwwildthing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Arizona
    It was AZ that wrote the agreement. The OH AG's Office confirmed that also. My biggest problem with this whole deal is the Agreement was written in 2004. I didn't hear about this until 2 weeks ago. Sent out some feelers to everyone I knew in AZ and OH without contacting the OH AG Office directly. Didn't want to tip them to something they didn't even realize. OH AG office actually called me in response to my email asking for info on all the states they honored to make sure I had the correct info. They mentioned the AZ non resident without me saying anything. Then got into a nice chat with the guy. It was AZ who wrote it. Ohio didn't care it is what AZ wanted. I did ask him to please note that on their site as people will stay within the law but they have to know what the law is. He stated he would pass my idea along.

With all this junk going on not only with Ohio but it is impossible for someone who carries to stay within the law. There is no way for anyone to know them all. Then throw in the junk the feds have and they can arrest about anyone they want anytime they want. Things are really screwed up.

Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network

As I mentioned in my last post on Glock Talk... you need to bring this to Arizona's attention, and push them to get it corrected.

Wwwildthing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Arizona
    Advantage - Nevada (neither Florida or Utah cover it).

Updated to add... New Mexico again accepts Arizona and Florida (both had been dropped), so I would expect Florida to also renew their agreement with New Mexico shortly (Florida dropped New Mexico, because New Mexico had dropped Florida).

In short - Arizona gains New Mexico and Nevada, which (presently) Florida does not.

Top Bottom