• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    OMG. Those 2 old guys had me rolling.:rofl:

IKR? Those dudes climbing up the "down" escalator looked like they were summiting Everest! All that was missing were the little orange oxygen bottles.

(Now remember: although we can't be sure these are 100% Americans in the videos, if you're a "Good Liberal," these are the people we think should be paying "no taxes....because they breathe air, they're our burden to bear).

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I have never, and will never get up early to deal with a bunch of selfish idiots in mass quantities. That being said, I scored some good deals this year from the comfort of my own home. :):

I did all my Christmas shopping online. Oddest thing though... whenever I would start surfing, these guys showed up outside my window...

Zombie_Invasion_screenshot_Zombie_Shadows_2048x2048.jpg

bonkers1919

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Columbus
    I wonder why our kids are out of control?

"Back in the day" if I saw my parents acting in this manner, I would hang my head in shame.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    For reasons not worthy of explanation, I ended up in an early Black Friday situation on Thursday evening. I helped someone find the same thing I was there for, then spent an hour in a long line full of people with quick wits and friendly dispositions. We all made the best of a horribly boring situation.

Yeah. I accompanied my wife to the Menard's sale this year, she's been doing that for probably 5 years now. I hate shopping but it wasn't horrible. Mostly boring but the people are nice and actually help each other, there's no stampeding.

Of course, this is in a fairly rural area and there are no cheap tv's or xboxes for sale at menards.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Are these as widespread as the news would have us believe?

IMO and experience, no.

I have never, and will never get up early to deal with a bunch of selfish idiots in mass quantities. That being said, I scored some good deals this year from the comfort of my own home. :):

What do you mean get up early? The last few years I've went I never went to sleep.

from the 7:13 minute mark til 8:13 is some amazingly hilarious stuff. wow. go watch that one minute at least...

Used to do that for fun as a kid. Now I'd probably collapse roll all the way down and have to be given O2.

And how much of the stuff bought ended up on craigslist or ebay Friday afternoon?

Probably a good bit, I bought a black friday computer off craigslist one year. Still was cheaper than buying comparable normally.

For reasons not worthy of explanation, I ended up in an early Black Friday situation on Thursday evening. I helped someone find the same thing I was there for, then spent an hour in a long line full of people with quick wits and friendly dispositions. We all made the best of a horribly boring situation.

That's been my experience also.

Yeah. I accompanied my wife to the Menard's sale this year, she's been doing that for probably 5 years now. I hate shopping but it wasn't horrible. Mostly boring but the people are nice and actually help each other, there's no stampeding.

Of course, this is in a fairly rural area and there are no cheap tv's or xboxes for sale at menards.

Yep. I've seen a rush to get in the doors when they open but no stampeding, trampling, fighting. My wife years ago did get between two guys that were ready to come to blows over a shopping cart though.

I've seen people call relatives to bring extra blankets and chairs for strangers waiting in line, holding spots when someone found out they didn't have enough money and had to go and get more, or had to leave to use the bathroom, people taking orders for coffee etc when they were going, heck one year someone came by with two of the large drink coolers handing out coffee and hot cocoa for free(wife and I joked that it was filled with laxative to clear the line out), people putting on a movie/music on their laptop and asking what others wanted to see/listen to, etc.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis

Didn't go black Friday but in general I do like Menards. Between there and aldis I don't find much reason to venture out to Wal-Mart.

I did go a few years back with my dad, he just stood in the middle, looked around and said " and this is the country that won world war two"

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    CPS would have got their azz kicked if they'd have shown up at our place. My pappy didn't mess around when it came to straightening stuff out.

Yeah, it was different when we were kids. Now, they'd bring a SWAT team, if they had to forcefully assure your safety.

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    I saved a ton of money on Black Friday...I didn't go shopping. I worked my 8 hours and went home to my family.There's no bargain big enough for me to deal with people like that. Crowds make me nervous, even more so lately

bonkers1919

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Columbus
    I saved a ton of money on Black Friday...I didn't go shopping. I worked my 8 hours and went home to my family.There's no bargain big enough for me to deal with people like that. Crowds make me nervous, even more so lately

I don't know how many people are in your household to support. I do know part of your 8 hours of wages supports a family of 4 some where in the country. Unfortunately you will never met them, get a Christmas card, a birthday card , nor a thank you note from them. Probably because they are busy at home talking on the free phone, watching the free satellite TV and eating deep dark chocolate Bonbon's.

Soon the providers will have not enough time, money nor the energy to provide support for the dependents.

Top Bottom