If you knew a friend's girlfriend was planning to break up with him, would you tell him?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    My daughter just broke up with her boyfriend, and she happened to run into a friend's girlfriend and told her about it. The girlfriend told my daughter that she's planning to break up with my friend. I don't know what she's waiting for. I have my suspicions, but I don't know for sure. When you know it's over, just end it and move on.

This used to be a very good friend, but since he hooked up with this girl, he's become more of a distant friend.

I generally think that it's best to stay out of other people's relationships, and this is no different. This situation will resove itself without my intervention. I know some people do spend a word when they know something like this. I'm wondering what your opinions are, and what action you generally take.

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    I would not get involved in people's love life.

Nothing good can come of it.
    Now if we were talking about overhearing someone attempting to claim a life insurance policy... That might be different.
    Nothing like that. I'd definitely say something about that.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    If there's no actual skin in the game other than broken hearts, I'd probably try to STFU and give it the space it needs to happen.

If there is any chance of someone getting messed over out of anything in a meaningful way, I'd 100% pipe up. I'm not going to stay silent while my buddy pays a car note for his girlfriend (or the other way around, you get it) or something ridiculous like that. 99 out of 100 guys that are doing stuff like that probably wouldn't listen anyhow, but you're not a pal if you don't at least try, IMHO.

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    Tune in next time, for another episode of
    View attachment 154416
    LOL, that's how it is with most of the people I know.

My wife and I are so in tune politically, ethically, financially, :naughty:ually, and morally, and have many but not all common hobbies and intersts, that it becomes tiresome to hear about other peoples' difficulty in their relationships. And they always want to use us as sounding boards for these conflicts. The biggest disputes my wife and I have have are about what to have for lunch or dinner, so sometimes we make separate meals. Sometimes we combine them, and pick and choose what we want to eat, and generally get in each other's way while we're cooking. There may be other minor disputes, like "Can you get your clothes out of the dryer so I can dry mine?", but we never have major disputes.

But some of the people I know, holy crap, how did the two of you ever get together?

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville

My wife and I are so in tune politically, ethically, financially, :naughty:ually, and morally, and have many but not all common hobbies and intersts, that it becomes tiresome to hear about other peoples' difficulty in their relationships. And they always want to use us as sounding boards for these conflicts. The biggest disputes my wife and I have have are about what to have for lunch or dinner, so sometimes we make separate meals. Sometimes we combine them, and pick and choose what we want to eat, and generally get in each other's way while we're cooking. There may be other minor disputes, like "Can you get your clothes out of the dryer so I can dry mine?", but we never have major disputes.

But some of the people I know, holy crap, how did the two of you ever get together?
    Understand. My first wife and I were always at odds, but my wife now (eharmony success story, actually) are so alike that we have never really fought over anything. We both knew what we could and couldn’t live with, and everything just meshed naturally.

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    Understand. My first wife and I were always at odds, but my wife now (eharmony success story, actually) are so alike that we have never really fought over anything. We both knew what we could and couldn’t live with, and everything just meshed naturally.
    I also had a first wife. She was actually a very good woman, but why I left was that I realized that I simply didn't love her. That was it. We worked well together, but without love, what does the rest matter?

Now, my wife and I have been together approaching 27 years. We're madly in love, partners in life, us against the world. Some of our friends are only friends by location, neighbors who became friends because of proximity. We're shopping for a new home now, and when we find one, we aren't going to ignore the neighbors. The only reason I consider the guy in question to be a friend is because he's a neighbor. Not going to make that mistake again.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County

Count your blessings. Finding the perfect mate is a rare thing.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Say nothing. And of you are your pal reconnect say nothing negative about her bc it will be a point of contention when they get back together. Unless you're apart of the relationship stay out of it.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Unless he told me he was about to buy her a car or donate a kidney to her, nope.
    Ditto. Barring any extenuating circumstances like this, mouth shut. Now if I know he's about to buy her something, planning on moving or other life changing events, ABSOLUTELY.

But if its just a broken heart, NMC,NMM.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    We're shopping for a new home now, and when we find one, we aren't going to ignore the neighbors. The only reason I consider the guy in question to be a friend is because he's a neighbor. Not going to make that mistake again.

Huh?

I do ignore my neighbors exactly so I don't become their "friend". I just live here until I don't. I don't need more problems.

Top Bottom