If you knew a friend's girlfriend was planning to break up with him, would you tell him?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Back in the day I would have told him. Watch them break up. Go to the local watering hole. Bought rounds. Banged her in the parking lot since they were broke up. Then asked out the one who first told me about the breakup.
    Needless to say don’t be like me.
    Your own daughter?

My daughter just broke up with her boyfriend, and she happened to run into a friend's girlfriend and told her about it. The girlfriend told my daughter that she's planning to break up with my friend. I don't know what she's waiting for. I have my suspicions, but I don't know for sure. When you know it's over, just end it and move on.

This used to be a very good friend, but since he hooked up with this girl, he's become more of a distant friend.

I generally think that it's best to stay out of other people's relationships, and this is no different. This situation will resove itself without my intervention. I know some people do spend a word when they know something like this. I'm wondering what your opinions are, and what action you generally take.
    If you think there is some action that she will do (like take all his money, etc), then you should IMO tell him. If it's just that they will break up and you don't have any specific concern aside from breakups suck, then why not just keep mum if he's just a distant friend.

I had a friend who didn't date very much and was dating this one girl. It was obvious that it was going to implode any moment. I warned him and explained all the red flags I saw. He said he knew and wanted to do it anyway. It all happened as predicted. It sucked, but no issues with the friend now or even then. I don't know if I'd do the same for a distant friend. Your friend, your call.

You could just ask him to grab a beer or shirley temple and talk like two regular people.

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    Huh?

I do ignore my neighbors exactly so I don't become their "friend". I just live here until I don't. I don't need more problems.
    LOL, sorry, I had it in my head to say either we AREN'T going to get to know the neighbors, or we ARE going to ignore them. I guess I wrote half of one and half of the other. Now, drum roll, my next post will be the update.

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    UPDATE: She's gone, and he's happy. Apparently she told him earlier this week that she was leaving, and had signed a lease for an apartment. He helped her load the U-Haul, and ran some odds and ends over to her place in his truck. At my suggestion, he brought his guns over to my house when she broke it to him, to avoid any spurious allegations.

Apparently, this has been percolating for a few years, and he was starting to see her for who she was, and she kinda beat him to the punch, which is fine. My wife and I saw her for who she was the first time we met her, but we weren't going to get tangled up in their relationship.

When he brought a few boxes over to her place, she said that he didn't seem to be upset by it, and he told her he wasn't, that it was time for it to end and he really didn't care. When he told me that, I told him about a line I think I heard in a movie once. The opposite of love isn't hate. The opposite of love is apathy. I told him his response was perfect.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Did he get his guns back? I hoped you made sure they worked properly as any concerned friend would!

Top Bottom