• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    If you don't like comic books because you've killed your inner child and have no sense of joy or wonder anymore, just click out now.

If you like ?The Walking Dead,? you?ll love this addictive comic - Salon.com

After reading the limited-series Irredeemable, I was casting about for something else to read and my FLCBS owner turned me on to Invincible. It's every bit as good as the above article says it is, and I'm thoroughly hooked. I love the characters, the stories, and especially the art. Of course, art is a personal thing, so if you don't like the sort of Jim Lee X-Men style you probably won't like this, but I think it's amazeballs.

I caught up on the whole series by getting the hardcover Ultimate Collections, and am now into the last few issues that haven't yet been collected. Issue for issue they're slightly cheaper (or were, when I bought them) than the trade paperbacks, and have a bunch of cool extras like concept art and pencils and whatnot.

The odd thing for me is that while I have TV shows I watch faithfully (like the Walking Dead), but unlike those shows I actually care about what happens to the characters in Invincible. I take that as a sign of quality writing.

The violence is probably a bit much for pre-teens (e.g. "realistic" depictions of what happens when a Superman-like character punches a not-so-super character in the face), and frankly it's occasionally a little off-putting for me, but the rest more than makes up for it.

meyer4589

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Highland, IN
    I've read a few issues of Invincible and thought it was a great, but only read maybe the first 3 issues. I have caught up on all my walking dead reading, but I still can't get into the show.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Finishing up some Raymond E Feist books (turned out to be more than i thought there were)
    Just picked up a Patrick Rothfuss book
    Depending on how good it is and wether or not i can finish these books before Book 2 of Robert Jordans Stormlight Saga comes out i will definately have to look into these

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I've read a few issues of Invincible and thought it was a great, but only read maybe the first 3 issues.

Invincible really takes off around issue 7. You're done with the "origin story", watched him do the "getting used to my powers" montage, then the fit hits the shan.

Top Bottom