If you missed Denny Smith's rant on Garrison this morning...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    If you missed it, it is a must listen... Denny had a powerful commentary on leadership.

I had not heard this, but listened to it at the link you provided. Thanks for sharing. I recommend it highly -- worth a few minutes to hear a succinct summary, with passion, of how our leaders have lost morality, broken trust with the citizens, do not represent us, and why we can't trust them. Rep.

Field King

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    I like Denny, good stuff, Garrison on the other hand is so so, often times a hot bag of air. Garrison is so blinded by the (R) beside ones name he cannot see the the truth.

Blackdog765

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    I heard a few minutes of it while driving and really thought he did a great job. Haven't had a chance to hear the whole thing, so thanks for posting the link.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I also really like Denny. For a while he had a show on my commute home. It was political/financial. Now I am only lucky to hear him on the weekends on their gardening show.
    But they keep jacking around with their line-up, and it is frustrating to me :(

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have met Garrison on a few occasions. In person he is exactly what you would expect. No one agrees with anyone all of the time. I like his commentary for the most part but I do not see him as a shill for the "R" and definitely not Rush Jr. although he does refer to him on occasion. When he references Rush it is when he is on point with the topic at hand.
    Rush has become a bit elitist for me but he has been on point with the Trevon Martin trial.
    Both of these guy's are voices for the people.
    That said...no one is right all the time.

John Titor

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    I have met Garrison on a few occasions. In person he is exactly what you would expect. No one agrees with anyone all of the time. I like his commentary for the most part but I do not see him as a shill for the "R" and definitely not Rush Jr. although he does refer to him on occasion. When he references Rush it is when he is on point with the topic at hand.
    Rush has become a bit elitist for me but he has been on point with the Trevon Martin trial.

Originally Posted by Field King
    I like Denny, good stuff, Garrison on the other hand is so so, often times a hot bag of air. Garrison is so blinded by the (R) beside ones name he cannot see the the truth.

I agree with Field King ... If you have an R you're in . Of course the baggage is that the R's have helped provided the mess we have . No way around this and the voting records at the St & Fed Level prove this .

I admit I don't listen to Garrison any more .. I don't have to ... I know enough of were he comes from ... and it based in Republican Ideology that has failed America for the past 30 to 50 years and the attitude of compromise that he embraces as a lawyer .
    Don't worry folks ... if times get bad ... he be there for you at his place down at Story Indiana that he is getting fixed up .

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

never met him myself, but apparently we are related. Mom heard him talking about his grandmother and recognized the name.

She contacted him and apparently his grandmother is my great grandmother (dad's maternal... or maybe yet one more generation back I dont recall for sure)

He was gracious enough to make a copy of the genealogy report he had done to my mom. Its pretty cool stuff. So apparently an OK guy.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Originally Posted by Field King

I agree with Field King ... If you have an R you're in . Of course the baggage is that the R's have helped provided the mess we have . No way around this and the voting records at the St & Fed Level prove this .

I admit I don't listen to Garrison any more .. I don't have to ... I know enough of were he comes from ... and it based in Republican Ideology that has failed America for the past 30 to 50 years and the attitude of compromise that he embraces as a lawyer .
    Don't worry folks ... if times get bad ... he be there for you at his place down at Story Indiana that he is getting fixed up .

OK...you have your opinion. I respect that as it is your right.

My response...The "D" side has done so well by us so whats next.
    I am truly becoming a political agnostic as they are all full of :poop:
    Both party's are self-absorbed nincompoops.

If I had a place in story you can bet your last biscuit that's where I would be if the SHTF. Why should he be any different.
    What is it in your mind that makes him responsible for anyone other than his family. That is all I am protecting.

We all compromise everyday just to get by in this world....everybody does. If you work for a living, self employed or by the hour....you compromise.

Carry on,

-CM-

EDIT....Nobody really likes a Lawyer, until you need one......................;)

John Titor

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    OK...you have your opinion. I respect that as it is your right.

My response...The "D" side has done so well by us so whats next.
    I am truly becoming a political agnostic as they are all full of :poop:
    Both party's are self-absorbed nincompoops.

Unfortunately you have exampled part of the problem with the voting mind of the public .
    2 dimensional .
    The R's and D's could each make a polar shift ... IF and IF the public cared and wanted it .
    The public could make the Independent or the all ready established Libertarian Party a force to change the problems .
    Again IF they wanted to . But they don't . Why for many reasons . One being they think that the only options of viability are the Rep. and Dem. parties . They are not . History of how the Republican party started shows this.

If I had a place in story you can bet your last biscuit that's where I would be if the SHTF. Why should he be any different.
    What is it in your mind that makes him responsible for anyone other than his family. That is all I am protecting.

Yes my comment was meant as a slam upon Saint Greg.
    I find his over all positions that he argues on the radio self serving from the aspect of the Big R is the only answer .
    It's not . And no the I's and Libertarians are not making much change at the elected level . More people are " thinking " Libertarian and saying they side in the mindset ... but again so much for idle talk and no action or donations to back up the desire for returned freedom .
    He has presented himself as a public figure . I question how much of one if time were really bad .

We all compromise everyday just to get by in this world....everybody does. If you work for a living, self employed or by the hour....you compromise.

Yes and I do to . But only in one area .
    In base there is the Practical and the
    Principled .

What restaurant to eat at and whose car you take at what time you have dinner are examples of the practical .
    Compromise in this area harms no one and makes for a better environment .
    The Practical .

Putting your daughter on the Pill , allowing her to sleep over at her boyfriends house because , " It's going to happen anyway . " Or putting up with an elected officials bad voting or behavior because you can't have it all mentality are compromises in principal . These have show that those that do this are of weak or bad character and lead to more difficult situations that require them to " Compromise " again to a further depth .
    Many do ... I don't .

Carry on,

-CM-

EDIT....Nobody really likes a Lawyer, until you need one......................;)

I know a couple that I like ... don't like every thing they do .
    Like Gabe Suarez said ....
    " A lawyer can be your worst enemy or your best friend . But he's only your friend if you pay him . "
    I said that to one I retained one time ... I know her on a personal level .
    She didn't like the comment . But she took the check out of my hand as I said it .

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I know a couple that I like ... don't like every thing they do .
    Like Gabe Suarez said ....
    " A lawyer can be your worst enemy or your best friend . But he's only your friend if you pay him . "
    I said that to one I retained one time ... I know her on a personal level .
    She didn't like the comment . But she took the check out of my hand as I said it .

Your response is noted and I agree with the lackluster involvement of our electorate. At least the majority of them.

As to compromise....we all do it on more levels than some will admit. In business and in life.
    Politically everything is a compromise.
    In family matters we bend a bit with every decision we make. We have to.
    No, my daughter was not treated as you mentioned nor were my sons but they still made all the mistakes we all make growing up. That is how some learn that in the end Mom and Dad were right more often than wrong.

As to Garrison. He is a public figure just as Rush for entertainment. Yes he pushes an agenda. I listen to gather info from those he has on his show. Some of his guests are staunch believers in their causes. You can take or leave what they say.
    You can also change the station if you choose.

Yes.....Life is a compromise.

Top Bottom