• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jenoble99

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2014
    S.IN
    We went to Gatlinburg back in October. I was really expecting there to be more no gun signs. There were only two places that we visited with a sign posted. One was the gift shop at Clingman's Dome(expected). The other was the Smoky Mountain Moonshine Distillery. I didn't see the signs until we had already been there for 40 minutes and made a purchase. Oh well, it was well hidden with my jacket and tucked in shirt so no one noticed. The signs weren't exactly posted in a conspicuous location. The doors were propped open with items covering a good portion of the door so if signs were there they couldn't be seen. The only sign that I saw was a small sign in a corner of the large room.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    My wife and I just returned from a trip to Gatlinburg and other than the convention center, I only saw one no guns sign in a business. I was very disappointed to see a large no gun sign in the Bennett's BBQ in Pigeon Forge. It was an official sign with all the legal IC codes. I hate that they have done this because I was looking forward to eating there.

I went to their website and wrote to them explaining that they are loosing business. I basically wrote everything that you see in the no guns no cash cards.

So far they have not responded.

I tried the same thing at Papa Johns its in Middle TN. We were going to go in one day and noticed the sign on the door as the manager was exiting he actually held the door open for us and we had to tell him how disappointed we couldn't enjoy Papa Johns any more. We told him how we used to drive 20 minutes each way to the one in Valparaiso every Friday for Family piazza night.

I am sure we were not the only people that we said we couldn't support his business but it took the sign off the door and said we were welcome to come back any time and offered 50% off our order. We politely declined the discount and ordered.

Small victory and the sign has not gone back up.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Went to Pigeon Forge for a few days last spring. I don't "get" it, but I'm the kind of guy who'd rather go on vacation and chill out at the pool and read than go to all the little shops. Wife and kids had a great time, though. Was a pretty cool arcade in some place we went to, forget what it was called. By the Paula Deen restaurant, which was meh.

Whoa there bro. I'm pointing this out because this is common misrepresentation of the issue (nothing personal). Your "rights" are not being restricted. A private business should be allowed to establish rules as they see fit. The only way your rights would come into play, was if you were forced to patronize the establishment, and then forced to disarm.

So you're cool with business discriminating on other bases, I take it?

Top Bottom