• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hysteria

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Well I found the property search for that county, but can't get the address to search. Looks like there's multiple names for that road.
    Sampson County
    Maybe someone else will have better luck

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Considering that your card didn't immediately got locked shows that it's not being monitored by the company. My card, if something is suspicious, I don't know how they do it, the card locks automatically and it will require you to verify a certain charge before it proceeds to process it and unlock your card.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    My wife's credit card company did call when her number got used - in Atlanta and again in New Mexico somewhere. They ate the Georgia charge and stopped the NM charge, but they did call. They only asked if she made charges for those amounts in those locations and then directed her to her local CR to replace her card with a new one. Annoying but fixed without loss.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Seems to be a lot of questions there. They also have my correct address! If I had to guess it was probably through an online order for something?

One of the parts of this ordeal that frustrates me most is we have a delivery address;
    201 Luke Hobbs Farm Rd
    Newton Grove, NC 28366-8027
    I would like for the police or somebody to deliver the package that these folks so richly deserve.....

We had a fraud issue last Christmas with hartatac orders and FLIR thermal scopes. We noticed a pattern in the orders and haven't had an issue in nearly a year.

Then someone buys two Eotech reflex sights and ships to an address in FL. It's an odd name, yahoo email address, using AMEX. Any large order with a yahoo email and AMEX is a huge fraud flag for us. I googled the address and it's a tiny house in an industrial area. I left a message for the cyber crimes unit at the local police department where that address was to attempt to nail the jerk. They never called back. I wanted to send an empty box and provide tracking to nail them when they picked it up.

Credit card fraud is unfortunately deemed to be a low-priority crime it seems.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Thanks for the heads-up!

On another front, it is worth knowing that if you go to the Indiana Attorney General's website there are links where you can set up locks on your credit reports for free. This helps prevent identity thieves from being able to open new accounts in your name.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    After our hacking incident a week ago, my wife got this email this morning:

Dear Sxxxxxxx,

Thank you for calling us about transactions you didn't recognize on your account or card. Your claim number is 004158321580001.

When we spoke, you asked us to send you all documents about your claim electronically. We've set that up for you through a secure website called the Chase Customer Claims Secure Document Exchange, and there's already a document(s) waiting for you.

Here's how to get your documents

• Please paste this web address into your browser's address bar or click the link:
      https:// <redacted>
    • Then log on with this user name and temporary password:
      User Name: <redacted>
      Password: 3Tb7pJ4I

When you first log on, we'll ask you to change your password. This website is not connected to chase.com, and the password you select won't affect your password for chase.com.

Use your new password each time you log on with the above user name. We'll send you an email each time we add a new document to the site.

We're here to help
    If you have any questions about your claim, please call us anytime at 1-866-564-2262.

Sincerely,

Customer Claim Department
    JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.

Need Technical Support?
    If you have technical questions about the Secure Document Exchange site, including questions about your password, please call 1-888-822-2497. This support line is operated by, iSentry, our partner who also manages the site.
    open

Very official looking. Also a redirect to a phishing site. :ar15:

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I had a couple of incidents about a year ago with fraudsters sniffing my card number (I'm on my third one in the last year) but I keep a pretty close watch on it and catch them when they're still under $1. I NEVER give anything potentially useful to someone who calls me; if the company needs to talk to me, they can do it when I call THEM. I don't use a number from an email; I look it up on their real site. That way I know I'm talking to someone legitimate. It's not that hard to protect yourself if you think these things through; you just have to be cautious to the point of paranoia.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    EckFrank
    Top Bottom