• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    It seems that th5 fifth ammandment doesn't protect you from a drug test of your hair.

I thought this was illegal.

I guess if it is found that you have used illegal drugs that makes all of your guns illegally owned.

One good reason not to use drugs.

Federal Firearms Dealer Sentenced to 121 Months Imprisonment

The article dosent point out that that they had any reason to suspect him of drug use . I don't see how they could have gotten a judge to sign off on this.

I am also preplexed as to how they can prove that he KNOWINGLY made false entries on his NICS forms. I have heard that a lot of the charges against FFL dealers are fo the type that if there is any mistake at all then they are considered guilty with almost no way to prove themselves inocent.

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    I dislike this story and the outcome. Our gun "rights" are far to easy to strip away.

What's next, someone that gets stoned with friends twice a year won't be allowed freedom of speech either?

G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    So, guy with drugs gets busted, they trace two out of 72 firearms back to FFL. FFL shop then gets searched and drug tested via hair follicle with a warrent? They then charge him of knowingly make straw sales to individuals? How?

I smell a lot of something, and it isn't bacon.....

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    I dont smoke but this is just crazy. Though it does not surprize me in the least. Personaly that is what bugs me the most about this.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I'm betting the FFL dealer was caught on the wiretaps talking about smuggling and smoking weed.

This is why, if you're involved in that sort of thing, you don't use the phone to discuss business.

Arickosmo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Indy
    " ATF discovered that RUMBLE knowingly facilitated the straw-sale of three firearms to people that were prohibited from possessing firearms by making false entries in his FFL records to hide and conceal the identity of the actual purchaser of the firearms."

I think the hair sample was more to tie him to the 100 lb dealer guy.

I don't smoke pot, it seems like a waste of valuable beer drinking time. However, I'm sure against the illegality of it. So many wasted man hours and dollars fighting a weed that by some arguments is no more harmful than booze. Government likes to claim it's a gateway drug, I disagree.

Neither here nor there, this guy was probably in a bit deeper than is let on in that story.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Have a cousin who was a helo chief on the JFK, so I'm all for keeping helo crews all trained up and proficient, (and all of the operators of our other military "toys", for that matter,) but it takes round 7k an hour to keep one of those things in the air, and I can think of lots better use of their time than looking down into cousin Clem's woods on the off chance some stoner has a little garden in there. I pretty much feel that way about most of the other pet projects in Uncle's so called "war on drugs". The whole thing with the FFL reminds me of a Sig line I see on here a lot about government being unable to rule free men, and resorting to making a multitude of sensless laws in order to make criminals of us all. Then again, if he hadn't made the straw sales, and tested clean, what could they have done? Hmmm... One morq good argument for keeping your nose (and bloodstream) clean, I guess.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    You cannot hardly apply for any job now without agreeing to drug testing. (because you "might" be a junkie) This is because of the insurance industry we have in this country. This needs to stop. I have resigned from several good paying jobs because they wanted me to sign my rights away. It is important to understand that this has nothing to do with drugs. It's about control. People accept the theatrical stuff in our airports because they feel safer if they comply. The Govt. couldn't care less about how safe you are. They simply want you to submit to their wishes. I told my last boss maybe we should have your mama tested for VD because she "might" be a danger to society. I cannot believe what has happened to this country in my lifetime. And now we have the TSA on our interstate highways stopping individuals who "might" be terrorists. Maybe we should just lock everybody in the country up so they don't cause any trouble.

Last edited:

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Am I ok if I don't smoke dope but I'm a meth head, crack fiend, with a bit of a ketamine problem? Saved by the Bell taught me that THERES NO HOPE WITH DOPE!!!

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    They seized 150 guns for destruction? Why do they have to be destroyed. Have an auction. They could use the money to buy Nancy a new broom, cut down on her air travel expenses...just saying.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    They aren't going to have a turn in program here in the USA like they did in other nations, they're just going to keep this up for another decade or two, chipping away.....by then the government run schools will have the country hopelessly populated with complete sheep/livestock....seeing the big picture yet ppl?

ben992

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Spencer County
    However said:
    I don't smoke pot either, but agreed, and I think an argument could be made that booze is actually worse. After all, if a guy smokes a joint, he normally doesn't go home and beat the wife and kids--he just madly searches out a bag of Doritos.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I don't smoke pot either, but agreed, and I think an argument could be made that booze is actually worse. After all, if a guy smokes a joint, he normally doesn't go home and beat the wife and kids--he just madly searches out a bag of Doritos.
    So are you saying that keeping booze legal and pot illegal is sort of like "creating" a need for more LE/jail funding to catch pot heads and abusive drunks/drunk drivers?
    Just sayin'

dlbrown75

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 90.9%
    9   1   1
    May 2, 2011
    Newcastle, IN
    You cannot hardly apply for any job now without agreeing to drug testing. (because you "might" be a junkie) This is because of the insurance industry we have in this country. This needs to stop. I have resigned from several good paying jobs because they wanted me to sign my rights away. It is important to understand that this has nothing to do with drugs. It's about control. People accept the theatrical stuff in our airports because they feel safer if they comply. The Govt. couldn't care less about how safe you are. They simply want you to submit to their wishes. I told my last boss maybe we should have your mama tested for VD because she "might" be a danger to society. I cannot believe what has happened to this country in my lifetime. And now we have the TSA on our interstate highways stopping individuals who "might" be terrorists. Maybe we should just lock everybody in the country up so they don't cause any trouble.

good post

ben992

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Spencer County
    So are you saying that keeping booze legal and pot illegal is sort of like "creating" a need for more LE/jail funding to catch pot heads and abusive drunks/drunk drivers?
    Just sayin'

I think both should be legal and I HATE drugs, and I HATE booze--I don't drink either. To top all that off, I am a Southern Baptist pastor, and I think marijuana should be legalized--and I hate drugs and what it does to families, I have seen plenty of it.

ben992

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Spencer County

You, my friend, are spot on. Great post.

Top Bottom