• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    So have several other people in stores posted on this forum, however several are quick to spew jack booted tug titles and bash the actions of the police.

I don't believe you are comprehending what I am saying.

I'm curious. How SHOULD the police have handled the situation? The man was clearly resisting, and had proven himself to be a thief. I'm not sure what, if anything, I am missing here. :dunno:

pftraining_in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    IN: South of I-70
    I'm curious. How SHOULD the police have handled the situation? The man was clearly resisting, and had proven himself to be a thief. I'm not sure what, if anything, I am missing here. :dunno:

What Culpepper has posted is clear, the police did the right thing.

What he is also saying is that the officers in this case responded the same way that other officers have responded in other cases of people resisting arrest and have been criticized by members of this forum who did not witness the event.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010

What he is also saying is that the officers in this case responded the same way that other officers have responded in other cases of people resisting arrest and have been criticized by members of this forum who did not witness the event.

If you get caught stealing red handed and keep resisting, the next thing that comes is the physical aspect of being a dumbass.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Update

The LEO's got a search warrant late yesterday and they went through his truck (semi-truck)...all of the stolen firearms were recovered along with the other items that were stolen. Inside the truck they found a "shopping list" and another list of all the gun shows in Indiana. Looks like this guy has done this before or was planning to make a career out of it. My guess would be if he was an over the road driver...he would move the stolen goods at truck stops across the country.

BigBrian

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2010
    Greentown,In
    Hi all ,and hi to you KokomoDave,you know me.I set up at kokomo gunshow and talked to you at Whiskey creek last week.
    i was at show and a friend of mine was set up at one of my tables campaigning for a seat on the county counsel and we were talking when his daughter told him that guy at the vendor Steves table was taking something and he (Jay) watched the guy for a minute to be sure he was stealing something and the guy put some ammo in his backpack while steve was occupied by a customer. Jay got up from our tables and I watched him confront the THIEF and Jay called over another vendor to help out and the Danny the Gshow promoter came over to see what the fuss was and the Thief started walking for the front door and everyone was following him. Danny wasnt sure what or who, I didnt think was going on till they got to the front and i seen the thief going down the wall isle trying to escape out the side door so i took off after him and Danny finally caught up to him and the idiot thief stopped. So I went backto my tables and the police were already at show and they took him over to a break table and asked him to show what was in bag and he said he bought all of it from different dealers so they gave him the benifit of the dought (even though Jay told them he eyewitnessed him stealing) the officers and an entourage followed him to my table and the thief ask me if he bought garand ammo from me and I told them I didnt even have any. Thief walked off and went to a few more tables and no one sold him anything. The LEO's then wanted his ID and found out he had 4 different ones and a gave up his New Jersey lic to the police.thats when Hell broke loose and they took backpack and the thief made a move to get out of there and the offcers stopped him and thief started fighting the LEO's and a County officer Tasered him,then they found the revolver he stole from steves table earlier stuffed in his boot. They hauled the thief out and ask what vehicle he drove and he wouldnt tell them. Found out it was a semi and trailer he was hauling. lEO got warrant and found lists in truck of stuff to get and I guess alist of what he stole at the Indy1500 last week. they found some more stuff he had taken too,i believe.
    This is a personal account of what happened and some info I was told by others who witnessed these events

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA

I see. I still don't see the point of creating a problem when there isn't one. :rolleyes: Some people...:dunno:

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    The LEO's got a search warrant late yesterday and they went through his truck (semi-truck)...all of the stolen firearms were recovered along with the other items that were stolen. Inside the truck they found a "shopping list" and another list of all the gun shows in Indiana. Looks like this guy has done this before or was planning to make a career out of it. My guess would be if he was an over the road driver...he would move the stolen goods at truck stops across the country.

Greed. It seems like in almost every case these idiots are kleptomaniacs.

Lol, ironic it's not getting busted over taking the guns, it's over a $20~ magazine he get's caught :):

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    It sounds like everybody did a great job getting him stopped. How many guns did he get at this show and the 1500?

I didn't know he ripped off the 1500?! All of those guns were tied to cables, so I kind of doubt he got any of the guns. I could see the scum getting some knives and other things, though.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Dang!
    I took the kids hiking and canoeing in Turkey run Saturday and missed the action again. :popcorn:
    Stoopid hurts.

I find that by not stealing stuff and not being a general dumb butt
    I don't find myself on the business end of a nightstick or tazer regularly.
    Hummm, I must be doing something wrong.
    :dunno:

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    I didn't know he ripped off the 1500?! All of those guns were tied to cables, so I kind of doubt he got any of the guns. I could see the scum getting some knives and other things, though.

I am just going off what BigBrian posted. But I did see some tables without the guns cabled down. One of them I went to 3 -4 times before anyone looked at/helped me. (I didn't want to handle the gun without talking to someone first)

I guess alist of what he stole at the Indy1500 last week. they found some more stuff he had taken too,i believe.

mktcbb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    I saw most of it! It took 4-5 police to cuff him and they tased him at least three time. The ass would not give up.

mktcbb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    No, I did not have my guns locked up at smaller shows. I have them in cases at the 1500 because I have had one stolen there. It seems that when the buyer can handel the gun you have better luck selling them.
    It is a shame you must lock or tie everything up. Hope to see everyone in Crown Point this weekend.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Glad the fool was caught.

This reminded me of an inmate that had privileges and we had allowed to clean the staff lunchroom. As we watched him working on the CCTV he proceeded to raid the refrigerator and had two snacks stuffed in his shorts when he was frisked to go back into population.

Stupid should really hurt!

TK

Heh, I agree with your bolded point... as evidenced by my "title".

Seriously this guy could be showcased on that show "Worlds dummest criminals" for trying to steal from a gun&knife show...

Top Bottom