If you're reading this - The Server Move is Done!!!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • birdhunter55

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2009
    Clarksburg, Indiana
    Issues began with server move

Hi, I am running Windows 7 with Internet Explorer 8. Since the server move has been complete, this site has become almost unusable from my desktop computer. Everytime I bring it up, I receive a message to the effect:
    A script is running that is causing your browser to run slow. If you continue, your system may become unstable.

Once I receive this message and click yes to continue, it throws me out of the website and then you have to restart. Once in a while, I get lucky and it works. (such as now). I have noticed no problems with my laptop (running VISTA).

Anyone else experiencing this? Any thoughts on a fix? Other than the obvious to continue to use my laptop?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Hi Birdhunter55,

None of the code changed from one server to the next. I would suggest you start by confirming the machine is clean of malicious software. Try running a spyware/adware/malware scan with your preferred utility.

I use Spybot Search & Destroy
    Next run your virus scanning utility. I have been unable to recreate the problem you're experiencing with IE 8 on Vista, or Windows 7 which is why I suspect there might be malware on your machine.

birdhunter55

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2009
    Clarksburg, Indiana
    Issues began with server move

Thanks Lars. Virus and Spybot all up to date. I have determined it is something in the configuration of Windows 7 and Explorer 8. If I run in the (InPrivate) browsing, it is working. I am sure I will ultimately find the issue. Was mainly wondering if anyone else had already stumbled accross the fix.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Faff
    Top Bottom