• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I run the Warrior Poet branded ankle kit for my EDC use. I like it a lot. I built it out myself rather than buying premade for some of the reason others have mentioned. Cost being #1. Most first aid kits include a lot of unnecessary stuff to make it look like you're getting a lot.
    I found my past review with a few pics.

This thread had a lot of good info.

Post in thread 'Life saving First Aid in a mass casualty situation.' https://www.indianagunowners.com/th...a-mass-casualty-situation.445077/post-8026548

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Here is most of what I am planning on putting in my IFAK/booboo kit with the exception of gloves and an assortment of bandaids. Do you see anything missed or anything unnecessary (other than the splint)? I had to buy multiples of some things like the irrigation hypodermic, tape, etc but will only be packing one of those items.

IFAK Kit.png

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Kinda late notice, but North American Rescue has some “Monster” kits at a good price. The idea behind them is a gimmick, but it’s a pretty good deal for what you get. One kit is $45 and contains a CAT TQ, chest seals, and 9-10 other things. Just those two items are worth $45. Only on sale until midnight.

Monster Kits

bdybdall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Chewing tobacco tins make the perfect storage device for cotton balls with Vaseline. Bonus when I’m hunting out west was that it doubles as a lip balm.
    Lip balm on cotton balls works well also. Might consider going that way.

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I ended up putting my own together using a 5x8 vanquest fatpack. Might have cost me a tad more than a prebuilt but the vanquest bag is high quality and extremely durable. I bought a lot of the gauze,etc in larger packages so I also have some extra supplies to restock the bag when needed.

IMG_20211101_065557.jpg IMG_20211101_065528.jpg IMG_20211101_065512.jpg

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    I prefer separate kits rather than moving in between so you don’t forget or get lazy. Just like a weapon, you need it with you all the time, not “wait a minute and I’ll be back”. Plus different activities have different needs.

Get an IFAK for your range bag oriented toward anticipated range injuries.

For your car IFAK get a Hi-Viz reflective vest to wear. One of the first rules of trauma care is making the scene safe.

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I prefer separate kits rather than moving in between so you don’t forget or get lazy. Just like a weapon, you need it with you all the time, not “wait a minute and I’ll be back”. Plus different activities have different needs.

Get an IFAK for your range bag oriented toward anticipated range injuries.

For your car IFAK get a Hi-Viz reflective vest to wear. One of the first rules of trauma care is making the scene safe.
    This one is usually nearby. I move it to the car when I commute and it comes in with me when im at my destination but its not small enough to tote around if I'm out walking. I considered one of those ankle kits but they all look huge. For now I have a single tourniquet on my belt when the main IFAK isn't with me.

Top Bottom