• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    The ICFU Credit Union on Mejier Drive and 500 in Lafayette was robbed today. Proudly posted on the door is a big sticker that states that firearms are not allowed and then there is lettering that says something like "regardless of licensing". Maybe the robbers could not read. I wonder if the Police officers disarmed before they entered and filled out the reports.

Luckily I do not think anyone was shot.

I'll try to get a picture of their sign, I quit using that branch a while ago.

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    So that's where the feds were off to in such a hurry.

I-65 is such a magnet. I know the Salin over on Creasy always gets knocked over.

Perhaps they will reconsider their policy now?

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Nah, they'll just make the sign bigger.

Anywhere close to an interstate is a magnet. Hop off, rob, be on the Interstate before the cops ever get there and be 20 miles down the road before anyone gets a clue. I think the Centra on 46 out by the Interstate got robbed a year or so ago...they said that isn't uncommon. Not sure they caught the guy.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Maybe we could all take turns emailing them asking how well that no guns sign worked for them, and when they will reconsider willfully allowing those of us who are legal to enter without disarming?

Kind of a virtual "no guns no money" card blitz.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Anywhere close to an interstate is a magnet. Hop off, rob, be on the Interstate before the cops ever get there and be 20 miles down the road before anyone gets a clue. ...

Yup. A year or two ago some thugs were driving down one of the interstate highways in the Houston area hitting big box store parking lots close to the highway exits. Jump off, rob, jump back on, go to the next one. They did that about 3 times, IIRC, in one afternoon. On the fourth attempt the would-be lady victim pulled a gun from her SUV and lit them up. Didn't hit any of them, but I believe the cops located the getaway car by the bullet holes in it. :)

Bogan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    So how would allowing civilians to carry firearms in the bank, have prevented the robbery?

An armed customer would have to have been in the bank at the same time. Said armed customer would have had to have been willing to use his gun against the robbers (e.g. feared for his life). Said customer would have to have been a good shot, to put down the armed robbers. Armed robbers would have to NOT have sprayed the bank and customers with bullets in response.

Why is it that too many gun owners think that they should/will act as police/superhero/"shepherd" in places where armed bad guys go? By all means use your gun to protect you and yours, but nobody is giving you a badge to act as saviors of strangers or to protect establishments from crime.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    So how would allowing civilians to carry firearms in the bank, have prevented the robbery?

An armed customer would have to have been in the bank at the same time. Said armed customer would have had to have been willing to use his gun against the robbers (e.g. feared for his life). Said customer would have to have been a good shot, to put down the armed robbers. Armed robbers would have to NOT have sprayed the bank and customers with bullets in response.

Why is it that too many gun owners think that they should/will act as police/superhero/"shepherd" in places where armed bad guys go? By all means use your gun to protect you and yours, but nobody is giving you a badge to act as saviors of strangers or to protect establishments from crime.

Why are you here?

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good

Really? :noway:

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis

Please don't be near me or mine when something bad is going down. I hope someone who will stand up will be there instead.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Missed the point. Don't worry I'll type the rest of this slowly so you can understand it since you apparently have trouble understanding.

"No guns" signs don't work. Its worth repeating: "NO GUNS" SIGNS DON'T WORK! All a Gun Free Zone does is tell the bad guys that there are no good guys with guns inside because the good guys read and follow directions. (notice the comment(s) of "I wont bank there and I will take my business elsewhere" like Leo said)

It has nothing to do with "one of us" stopping the perps in an active shooter situation. It has more to do with two other things:
    • The company not infringing on our legal right to carry when all we want to do is go there and SPEND OUR MONEY IN THEIR ESTABLISHMENT.
    • The fact that CRIMINALS DON'T FOLLOW THE DAMNED RULES!

Got it?

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort

Well to answer your questions:
    The very FACT that a business or other building / area is "Gun Free" is an encouragement to criminals that wish to either harm someone or to rob the establishment. That is somewhat proven by the selection of the movie theater that was chosen for a mass attack. The police also advise homeowners to do things to deter the possibility of home invasion, these include many things that would cause the criminal to be detected or harmed (if you don't believe this why do you keep a firearm? So ~ yes - allowing civilians (police are civilians also) to carry weapons eliminates the sign that tells criminals that this place is clear of anyone that might make it a dangerous place to rob.

YOUR POST:

ANSWER:
    I doubt anyone here would have pulled a gun and started shooting unless they knew they could prevent the robbery and REDUCE the danger to the innocent people in the establishment. If I were in a tellers line and witnessed the person in front of me threaten the teller with a firearm AND had a safe (to myself and others) opportunity to stop the danger, I would. I would not pull my gun if the only threat was to property.

YOUR POST:

ANSWER:
    You have a FALSE impression of Police duties! They are NOT required to protect persons or establishments from harm (per court decision). Their duties ARE TO solve crimes and arrest and detain the perpetrator for trial.
    I am certainly sorry you have no regard for "Strangers". I personally hold the lives of innocent "strangers" to have a value as high as my own life. I very deeply hope I, or any of the people I value highly are ever in a position where their safety depends on your actions.

AND NO, I don't think of myself as a hero, nor do I wish to be publicized as such. I really think 99% of the people on this site would risk being harmed themselves in order to protect innocent persons from harm.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I drove past the Credit union this morning.

The sign reads:

"NO WEAPONS PERMITED ON CREDIT UNION PREMISES, REGARDLESS OF PERMIT OR OTHER AUTHORIZATION".

Pretty silly sign.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN

Highly disturbing. Wrong on so many levels.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    How would a fire extinguisher help in the event of a fire?
    Someone would have to know how to use it, and be willing to use it.
    Might as well get rid of them.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    The few times that I have see a "no guns allowed" sign I turn around and leave!! One exception is the PO. And that bugs the crap out of me. I ask the manager of my bank about there gun policy. She said quote "guns make people nervous but what they don;t know won't hurt them". She smiled and walked away. I haven't though about it since.

I am glad no one was hurt! I am not so happy that the perp got away. My new phrase for "gun free zone" is "Personal Protection Restricted Zone" that's a more fitting description.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend

This guy needs a hat or tee shirt that reads "I hate guns" so the criminals will know who their friend is.

Top Bottom