• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GONZO!!!

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    The real issue here is that first Chicago was escalating beyond belief.....then Indy began and still is escalating the violence....now Lafayette is becoming increasingly more and more criminally active and criminally violent....

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    How long will these businesses continue creating safe working environments for the thieves and inviting them in to conduct their transactions?? :dunno:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    How long will these businesses continue creating safe working environments for the thieves and inviting them in to conduct their transactions??

As long as it is profitable to do so. The robbers got a few K if that. Banning guns costs nothing (well, maybe the cost of stickers or signs for your branches), but the savings in civil litigation is vast when Cledus decides to coonfinger his pistolgun in the bathroom, or in line at the bank.

What is needed is strict liability, treble damages and awarding of attorney fees for premises that ban the carrying of firearms on their premises. This nonsense would stop overnight.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    frankingun, I do not think they changed the sign, it was a long time since I have seen it and I wanted to get the exact wording. The sign that was on the door when I checked looked to have been there a long time. I remembered it was worded really strangely.

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    So how would allowing civilians to carry firearms in the bank, have prevented the robbery?

An armed customer would have to have been in the bank at the same time. Said armed customer would have had to have been willing to use his gun against the robbers (e.g. feared for his life). Said customer would have to have been a good shot, to put down the armed robbers. Armed robbers would have to NOT have sprayed the bank and customers with bullets in response.

Why is it that too many gun owners think that they should/will act as police/superhero/"shepherd" in places where armed bad guys go? By all means use your gun to protect you and yours, but nobody is giving you a badge to act as saviors of strangers or to protect establishments from crime.

Like others have said, the point isn't necessarily an armed citizen taking action inside the bank, but the fact that the establishment is announcing to the criminals that they are less likely to be shot while robbing said establishment. Do you have a sign in your front yard that proclaiming that your home is a "Gun Free?"

Bluejeeper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Hmm, I was just at the IFCU main branch in Lafayette yesterday. I looked and looked and looked and didn't see any "no gun" signs. I OC'd and talked to 4 different people to get a new card made and nobody said anything :dunno:

Top Bottom