• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I wonder if the towels and sweat have to be handled as toxic waste?

i don't want those carcinogens in our lakes and waterways :nono:

Towels? Who needs those in a sauna?

From first hand experience, those items, or anything else cloth-based, aren't employed in the Baltics. :eek:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Towels? Who needs those in a sauna?

From first hand experience, those items, or anything else cloth-based, aren't employed in the Baltics. :eek:

Vomit smiley

are there saunas for men and those who Identify as women?

Can you imagine riding the bicycle in the naked sauna?

vomit smilie

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Vomit smiley

are there saunas for men and those who Identify as women?

Can you imagine riding the bicycle in the naked sauna?

vomit smilie
    We went their in order to "see how the locals live" and get far from the normal tourist route. There wasn't much written in English, so we had to fumble, guess and do what we saw others doing. I think the few Americans (or even English) that venture there are few and far between.

I totally wish I was transgender that fateful day in Latvia - sexes were separated and I didn't like what I saw on my side of the building*, fortunately it was really dim inside the sauna.

There were well used rectangular sheets of 1/4" plywood that you bring into the sauna to sit on. I tried not to think about the bacteria wonderland that was under my bare ass.

Plus, it was insanely hot (passing out was a real concern for me) and I can't imagine doing some cardio while in there. The "regulars" were too busy beating themselves with birch branches to mess around with bike riding.

* Although, from my wife's testimony, I wouldn't have like the view on the other side either.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    it's for all the toxins in our bodies, of which sweat glands eliminate < 1% of. Article I posted commented that if you're trying to "melt fat cells" where the toxins are stories you're also going to burn your skin to a crisp in the process. The whole concept is goofy. But their families are super excited about it.

Its been marketed in the firefighting world, not for the toxins WITHIN the body, but to help get the surface toxins off our skin after fires easier. We have all sorts of soot and other nasties on us after a fire, and this is supposed to help get that stuff out of our pores.

You ask me, a hot shower with a good soapy scrubbing does the same thing, but apparently there is some real science behind this. I am not at that station so I don't really have much of an opinion other than that.

I have not read this whole thread.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    The wife is retired from IFD. We watched the news coverage of the sauna and she agrees with IGW. Good hot shower does the same thing. Maybe perspiring helps but you're gonna' shower after that, I hope. I've got no problem with it either way. I do wonder if the City is picking up the tab or if it's coming out of house dues. Do you know, Nick?

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    The wife is retired from IFD. We watched the news coverage of the sauna and she agrees with IGW. Good hot shower does the same thing. Maybe perspiring helps but you're gonna' shower after that, I hope. I've got no problem with it either way. I do wonder if the City is picking up the tab or if it's coming out of house dues. Do you know, Nick?

I think this may have been on a grant or donation. No way the actual department is putting them in the budget for now.

Top Bottom