• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    Does anyone know if they will be using any kind of metal detection at Lucas Oil for the state football championships?

I don't know that previous year experiences will necessarily be the same since until this year it has been illegal to carry at these events since they were considered school events.

I am going to the 7pm game tonight, so perhaps if anyone is going to one of the earlier games they could post what the security situation is there. I would prefer to not have to walk around downtown at night unarmed. On the other hand, my wife will be furious if I carry and they are wanding people and I have to walk all the way back to the car.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I have not been to the State football championships, so take this with a grain of salt.

In my experience security has been more lax at Lucas Oil for events that are not NFL related. Colts games are the only time I've been wanded there. I've been to 2 non-Colts events and was not wanded either time.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    Yup, for the majority of the population, elimination of the "roaming school" was the best part of that bill. For the rest who work in a school or frequently visit schools, it was a close second to the parking lot portion.

If you are eating dinner at McDs and a school bus pulls up, you are no longer an instant felon.

That is why I figured this question might not have a good answer yet. If someone goes and can post right away what the situation is, it would be very helpful to those who havent arrived yet.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    This is hilarious... the game before this one, none of the suites were being used.

Now about a quarter of them are being used... they are all blue and gold (Carmel). I dont see any BD people in those.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I was in a suite with 20 BD people, no wands, didn't even scan my sons ticket or look into my bag, great game!

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    That game was amazing. I thought BD was in for a rough night after the first quarter. They have a great group of kids who have learned never to give up. The defense played their best three quarters of the season to win it.

Top Bottom