• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rsklar

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Since IL is going to start issuing licenses for both Resident and Non-Resident ($300) my question is how many people will be interested in getting their IL License? Right now it does not look like there will be any reciprocity for out-of-state permits.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    There's a thread floating around about if you have a valid license from your state, you can carry it concealed in your vehicle and no stopping. As far as carrying it on your person in public, I'm sure you'll have to buy their license/permit. I haven't been keeping up with it lately so I could be way off. :twocents:

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    There's a thread floating around about if you have a valid license from your state, you can carry it concealed in your vehicle [STRIKE]and no stopping[/STRIKE]. As far as carrying it on your person in public, I'm sure you'll have to buy their license/permit. I haven't been keeping up with it lately so I could be way off. :twocents:

FIFY. You can carry in your vehicle. If you get out, you have to leave the gun in the car.

MemphisR32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Westfield
    No thanks. I'm not spending $300 for the license and then another $150-$200 for training.

I agree with this. It'c cheaper for me to avoid IL than to spend that amount of money to get a license there. But i think that the high price is what they were using to deter people from getting a license.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    I agree with this. It'c cheaper for me to avoid IL than to spend that amount of money to get a license there. But i think that the high price is what they were using to deter people from getting a license.

High price, excessive training hours and assinine hoops for prospective instructors; all put in to make it more difficult and discourage. Jim.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Not to mention your home state laws have to be similar to IL just to have the privilege of paying for your right to carry there. I don't think anyone from Indiana has been approved yet and I just talked to one of the biggest IL CCW trainers last night.

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    I will not. Those fees are so high so people will be deterred from getting a license in their state. I think even the residential fees are like $150.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    I will most likely get one eventually. I live 25-30 miles from downtown chi-town and will cross over to the peoples republic on occasion for a Blackhawks game or something like that. There are also conventions there I will attend at times. As of right now I do my best to never donate any money to their economy, but sometimes it is unavoidable.

I also like the fact that pretty much everyone in chicago would hate the fact some hillbilly from Indiana is walking around legally with a gun on his hip :):

erice1984

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    South Carolina
    I live in IL right now. I am not getting CCW. I refuse to pay for it. Instead I am soaking up the education the state is providing me that I earned from my service to the country and getting the hell out of here.

In the mean time, I do not walk around with headphones on, I keep my face out of my phone. I really just try to maintain excellent situational awareness.

I always carry a flashlight for defense at night. I don't walk around in bad neighborhoods (my own) after it gets dark. This part sucks because I have to drive to a place to walk my dog.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I live in IL right now. I am not getting CCW. I refuse to pay for it. Instead I am soaking up the education the state is providing me that I earned from my service to the country and getting the hell out of here.

In the mean time, I do not walk around with headphones on, I keep my face out of my phone. I really just try to maintain excellent situational awareness.

I always carry a flashlight for defense at night. I don't walk around in bad neighborhoods (my own) after it gets dark. This part sucks because I have to drive to a place to walk my dog.
    Hope it all works out for you. Do you plan on moving to Indiana?

BTW, cute dog in your avatar.

TheDude

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Southeast Kentuckiana.
    I will most likely get one eventually. I live 25-30 miles from downtown chi-town and will cross over to the peoples republic on occasion for a Blackhawks game or something like that. There are also conventions there I will attend at times. As of right now I do my best to never donate any money to their economy, but sometimes it is unavoidable.

I also like the fact that pretty much everyone in chicago would hate the fact some hillbilly from Indiana is walking around legally with a gun on his hip :):

Well....this hillbilly wouldn't pi$$ on Chicago, much less anywhere in Illinois.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

You wouldn't be able to take it to the game nor to the convention most likely.

I work in Illinois, but I will not get the Illinois license. Under the new law I can carry on my person in my vehicle while going to and from work. That is all I need.
    This is my choice to.

Also, people will have to renew the license AND pay again every five years.

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    I work in Illinois, but I will not get the Illinois license. Under the new law I can carry on my person in my vehicle while going to and from work. That is all I need.

Just be careful doing so not to break the law. If they find a way to charge you they'll most likely give you the chair.

Top Bottom