• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HKUSP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Danville, IN
    What others states have measures like this? If ISC finds it unconstitutional, then cases in other states can use it as a defense. That would open it to interpretation in a different ciecuitt, which would either have another circuit (9th Circuit, here's looking at you) or send it to SCOTUS which then would become law of the land.

IIRC New York and New Jersey both have a similar license for mere ownership of a handgun that is seperate from a license to carry. Maryland too perhaps?

I can say this about Illinois: My girlfriend lives about 40 minutes south of Effingham. I spend a lot of weekends out there. A vast majority of the people that live in Il hate the fact that their state is dragged around by it's nose by Chicago politics and resent the fact that they get constantly outvoted by the idiots in Cook county. I've met lots of people out there and they don't seem any different than your average Hoosier or Buckeye. They would all be in favor of throwing Chicago and it's BS out of the state.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Well If they cut Comifornia in too and consolidate NWI and Chicago, under the Missouri Compromise, North California and Illinois can come in as free states and LA and Criraq can come in as slave states.

I will have to either move to Indiana or North California.

That will add two stars to the flag. Any Ideas on how that will be configured?

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Well If they cut Comifornia in too and consolidate NWI and Chicago, under the Missouri Compromise, North California and Illinois can come in as free states and LA and Criraq can come in as slave states.

I will have to either move to Indiana or North California.

That will add two stars to the flag. Any Ideas on how that will be configured?

There are patterns for the US flag up to 60 stars, I believe.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Update: A circuit court judge tells Illinois to FATWO with that FOID nonsense.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Update: A circuit court judge tells Illinois to FATWO with that FOID nonsense.

FATWO? PM me if its a verbotten string of letters or verbotten werdes.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I remember having to file for a FOID card at like 12 years old so that dad could take me hunting and I could hold my own gun.

granted that might have not been necessary ( I honestly don’t know) but that was the blue collar understanding of the law in the days before the internet.

jgill

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2020
    Daviess County
    I remember having to file for a FOID card at like 12 years old so that dad could take me hunting and I could hold my own gun.

granted that might have not been necessary ( I honestly don’t know) but that was the blue collar understanding of the law in the days before the internet.
    I got mine at 12 so I could carry my .22 Henry, that my Grandpa gave me, on my family's land, with my folks with me. Born and raised in Southern IL, wish it was worth it to stay, but the laws coming from Chicago are a big part of why I'm in IN now.

Top Bottom