• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • opus1776

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    This is the Phelps-Madigan comprimise bill...

The upside to the 85 votes is that there are more than the 71 votes to void chicago's home rule provision and possible quinn veto...

Linky to vote:

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/votehistory/98/house/09800SB2193_05242013_003000T.pdf

======================================
    "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" K. Moss
    You can NEVER be too rich or too thin.
    Life is not a journey, but a series of unplanned detours...
    Perfection: is not a goal---it's a demanded expectation.

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    For how many decades to come are the liberals going to trot out parents from Sandy Hook to whine and pose for cameras? They brought over a dozen of them to testify in Illinois, no-doubt at a hefty taxpayer expense, to whine about magazine capacity restrictions. Nothing that happened in CT had a damn thing to do with magazine capacity! Sheeple.......

opus1776

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    from an IL paper, the part which pertains to us:

"If an out-of-state person wants to obtain a permit, they have to pay a $300 application fee, submit documentation that they meet the state’s mental health standards and are otherwise qualified to carry a weapon in Illinois.

Illinois will honor up to 8 hours of training already obtained by the out-of-state individual but they would still be required to complete 16 hours of training."

linky to article: Compromise concealed-carry bill surfaces at Illinois Capitol - Rockford, IL - Rockford Register Star

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    You knew the liberals in IL, if forced into allowing carry, would figure out how to make as much money from it as possible.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    You knew the liberals in IL, if forced into allowing carry, would figure out how to make as much money from it as possible.

Oh it gets much worse than that.
    It's been posted on INGO but I can't find the link/post right now.
    The list of GFZ is huge!

off the top of my head
    - schools
    - public parks
    - public bldgs
    - state bldgs
    - hospitals
    - rallys

***edit***
    from the other thread
    According to a House Democratic fact sheet obtained by The Illinois Observer, those off-limit locations include:
    • Preschool, elementary, and secondary schools
    • Child care facilities
    • Playgrounds
    • Public parks located within a municipality under the control of a municipality or park district
    • Cook County Forest Preserve
    • Bars (more than 50% of its gross receipts from the sale of liquor)
    • State buildings
    • Local government buildings
    • Libraries
    • Hospitals, mental health facilities, nursing homes
    • Stadiums, arenas, and sporting events
    • Airports
    • Amusement parks, zoos, and museums
    • Colleges and Universities
    • Public transportation paid in part of whole with public funds
    • Public gatherings authorized by a unit of local government
    • Areas prohibited by federal law
    SOURCE
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo.../296185-illinois_ccw_reality.html#post4204871

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    from an IL paper, the part which pertains to us:

"If an out-of-state person wants to obtain a permit, they have to pay a $300 application fee, submit documentation that they meet the state’s mental health standards and are otherwise qualified to carry a weapon in Illinois.

Illinois will honor up to 8 hours of training already obtained by the out-of-state individual but they would still be required to complete 16 hours of training."

linky to article: Compromise concealed-carry bill surfaces at Illinois Capitol - Rockford, IL - Rockford Register Star

What? I'm not giving those communist libtards $300 just to maybe go to IL arms...

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    16 hours of government-required training to exercise a Right. Wonder how long before that gets bumped to 20, and then 50, and then 100?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    16 hours of government-required training to exercise a Right. Wonder how long before that gets bumped to 20, and then 50, and then 100?

:facepalm: :nono: you clearly are not a politician. The application fee will be increased and the permit time will be decreased. This will bring a nice revenue stream for them which they need. So $500 for 2 years in a few years, followed by $750 etc...

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Unless you are going to a store in IL and/or a resturant in IL everywhere else is close to a GFZ anyways per the short summary I posted.

A defense to a criminal prosecution will cost much more than several times $300. $60 a year is cheap insurance.

Or keep doing what I've been doing...avoid the state at all cost

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    yes that works unless you work there :(

And as you ride the train into Chicago from NW Indiana you must still go unarmed. Seems to me that if you have the financial ability to buy/drive a car AND pay the fees to park it in the city then you are pretty much screwed if you want to carry in Chicago.

I'm actually surprised they didn't make parking garages in the state no gun zones. Doing that would have, when combined with the public transportation gun ban, effectively made it illegal to go to the city of Chicago with a gun.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    So, these permits will be good in some people's own yards, and a 3x5 ft section of sidewalk somewhere in Berry, IL, and that's about it? Is that about right?

Still, would be good to be able to drive through Illinoise instead of going around it.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    @melensdas the south shore train from indiana does not fall under the mass transit of this bill since the south shore does not get funds from IL that i know of. south shore does pay IL for use of the IL rail lines.

@rhino almost correct except u forgot driving to say walgreens to buy something. but i'm sure the bill will add that a no guns sign carries the weight of all so that biz can add those sign and become gfz as well.
    if that is not in the bill let me make a quick phone call to ensure it gets into the bill. :faint:

jrm400

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Hobart
    It Hasn't Happened Yet

Illinois House passes a bill

-Gov does not like it
    -Rham does not like it
    -Jesse ""
    -Flager ""

Senate has NOT passed it yet

Plus there are a lot of other control freak politicians and other influential anti-American low life liberals in play. I expect the Chicago regime to do some crooked maneuvering. I can only wish the best for the good folks from Illinois but this is too much like "RIGHT" and I have to see to believe when it comes to this one. I expect some sneaky trick to emerge soon. Just an opinion, hope I'm wrong.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    And as you ride the train into Chicago from NW Indiana you must still go unarmed. Seems to me that if you have the financial ability to buy/drive a car AND pay the fees to park it in the city then you are pretty much screwed if you want to carry in Chicago.

I'm actually surprised they didn't make parking garages in the state no gun zones. Doing that would have, when combined with the public transportation gun ban, effectively made it illegal to go to the city of Chicago with a gun.

I do drive into the city four times a week. IF the bill is passed it would allow me to drive with the gun as long as I locked it up once I got to my garage. I doubt my employer is going to allow me to bring a gun into work.

So, these permits will be good in some people's own yards, and a 3x5 ft section of sidewalk somewhere in Berry, IL, and that's about it? Is that about right?

Still, would be good to be able to drive through Illinoise instead of going around it.

From the way I read it, if you have a LTCH in IN, you will be able to carry a concealed weapon in your car even without an IL license.

Top Bottom