• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    David Codrea looks at the People's Republic of Illinois and their dislike of self defence.
    From the Examiner:

The Annie Le murder has given us recent cause to discuss the option (or mandated lack of one) for armed self-defense, particularly by females. That in turn reminded me of a piece I wrote three years back about advice from the Illinois State Police on personal defense. For background, understand two things:

The Illinois state Bill of Rights promises “Subject only to the police power, the right of the individual citizen to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”

Square that with Illinois being one of only two states with no provision for concealed carry by "ordinary" citizens (some claim a loophole, but there are personal legal risks carrying serious criminal charges). I guess that's what they mean by subject to police power. You're a subject and you're in their power.

So what do the Illinois State Police suggest a woman should do? Here's a link to their website, just so you can see for yourself I'm not making this stuff up.

They tell us fighting back may "cancel any other options," since your attacker may only wish to "degrade and humiliate" you.

Read the rest of this at the source. David makes some good points and will continue to look at it tomorrow.

esigler

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Rio Rancho, NM
    From the same state that sent Obama to Washington. There intellect is amazing! What about the statistics on females that are armed? I love the right to bear subject to police?

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    The politics and government of the the state of Stallinois really annoy me for several reasons -- this just adds to the list. I'm not sure how anyone who is a freedom loving person could live there.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Our "government" cares SO much about us! They are nice enough to provide us with a "list" of self-defense items for us to use. :D

I carry a tongue depressor in my bag, do you? :dunno:

Such GREAT suggestions! (sigh!) It feels so good to be cared for. (NOT!!)

Yep! This is the "programming" that Obama came from. Is it a wonder he is so TWISTED!!!???

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    This on a State Police website, these guys know exactly what goes on with crime, sickening to see that this is what they have to say.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I found two glaring errors.
    One was a typo in which they inadvertently inserted the word "not" into a sentence:
    "Use of a firearm to protect yourself or property is not recommended."
    The other was a huge omission...they didn't say whether to vomit before or after firing to stop the threat.

:dunno:

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    I found two glaring errors.
    One was a typo in which they inadvertently inserted the word "not" into a sentence:
    The other was a huge omission...they didn't say whether to vomit before or after firing to stop the threat.

:dunno:

Annie, Annie, Annie. You forget that this is a "Naziwannabe" state! That was NOT a typo! :rolleyes: It WAS, however, a reflection of their opinion of the people of this state. (We're NOT worth saving.)

I'm surprised they even suggested vomiting to try to stop a crime. :n00b:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Well, it was worth a shot.
    Soooo...here's my million dollar idea for you FlagTag (just don't tell anyone else)...
    Tactical Ipecac. Buy two and get a purse size version free.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Well, it was worth a shot.
    Soooo...here's my million dollar idea for you FlagTag (just don't tell anyone else)...
    Tactical Ipecac. Buy two and get a purse size version free.

Thanks Annie, for the laugh! :lol2::hehe:

(That one took me by surprise! :):)

(BTW: That is what the tongue depressor is for; to gag one's self until one "brings it all up". :D And "spread the wealth" ;))

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    If I had not read it myself, I would not have believed it. It reads lilke a spoof out of the old Mad Magazine. Un-friggin-believable.

Many of our politicians - Blago, Daley, and friends have made the cover of "Mad". Didn't you know that? ;) They are/were the inspiration for the magazine. :D

Top Bottom