• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    ALL premium main packs and assault packs have been sold! I'll start a new threads
    **when the 30+ main packs that need work get repaired. Their price will be dependent on their end resulting condition.
    **for the regular assault packs that are in workable but good to rough condition.

These are now available to anyone on INGO. I will not hold, reserve, or set aside packs that are not paid for. Even at the premium pricing this is an awesome deal for packs in this shape! If you don't want to get a pack bought out from under you, remember PayPal is instant. Put your screen name and "prem pack #x,y,z" in the comment of the payment. I'll need to know via PM whether you want it shipped or plan on getting it FTF.

If just getting main packs and nothing else (I've got a lot of classifieds ads going now, check them out) then $25 for 1-2 main packs and $30 for 3-5. Often adding "other stuff" will not add anything to the shipping.

IF you PM me or get a PM from me, reply to that PM string! Do not start a new PM! I have a gazillion PM conversations going now and will ignore and delete any PM that doesn't have the complete conversation in it. If I don't do it this way it is impossible to clean out my PM box without deleting "agreements" or "arrangements".

I'm available this weekend pretty much any time for FTF. PM me and I'll get you my address. (That way I can entice you with all the other stuff in my garage while you are here :): like poncho liners/woobies $20, water bottles$4, hydration carriers$10-15, cold weather fleece coveralls NIP $4)

These all include the lid and waste belt.

I've taken a few photo's and they can be found here:
    ILBE packs Photos by safew | Photobucket The name of the pic file corresponds to the item number given to the bag on the list below. If you want more pics of a particular bag, ask in thread or PM and I'll add them to the photobucket file.
    Random samples:
    26a_zps5c66e15c.jpg

25b_zps81ba706b.jpg

These are the premium bags that I've held over from the 250ish bags I bought for the group buy.

I've inspected each bag individually, classified them and put a price on them. They come with belts and lids that have also been pulled aside as great to excellent condition if not new.

Here are my notes:

(f(x)= functional or functionally)

Functionally:
    N = new, I cannot see any indication that the pack has been issued
    N1= Functionally new but I can isolate some sign that the pack has been issued, or used like fabric has been rubbed, seams have been tugged on but still fully connected. If seen in a store in this condition I would purchase without even looking at the bag behind it to see if it were better.
    U= some seam stress, webbing has slight nick or frey but intact. Obviously used but since these were designed for more than a hiker would ever put them through they are still functionally better than about anything in the civilian market.
    Esthetically:
    N= no sigh it has been issued at all, or touched the ground for that matter. An new as you can say something is that came from a surplus auction. (I want to say it IS new but by definition have to say it isn't)
    N1= only 1 or 2 signs that it has been issued or ever used.
    N2= ~>= 3 or more cosmetic dings but overall (at a glance) looks great.
    U= At a glance still a cosmetically brighter newer pack but on closer inspection has numerous dings.
    Esthetic "dings" that add up: sun fade on print, the tag/label brightness, general new vs. been dirty feel to the fabric, plastic parts with scratches, sweat salt marks, tape adhesive, stains......
    Obviously a lot of this is subjective. But there is just no way to objectively classify these accurately. As a nerd, I've tried. After trying it that way for about 15 packs and then simply stepping back and looking at them in order of their analytical classes it was obvious that it simply wasn't accurate. When you look at some of these that have a long list of dings but is obviously a much better pack than another you realize quickly you have to take the scientist hat off.

Some numbers are missing because after further inspection they had issues that caused them to be put back in to the garage stash of "good working order" bags that don't warrant a premium.

The ones below this line are sold. (edit, that is all of them now.)

Item number : functional ranking : Esthetic ranking : general comments
    1 N1N $110 Thread pull/stress upper right shoulder compression strap attachment. Otherwise this looks NEW especially from an esthetic standpoint.

6 N N2 $95 Functionally new, no signs of any stress on seams or tough fabric from sun/dirt/wet-dry cycles. Esthetically back pad not as bright as new, salt on side leather, some beginning signs of sun fade on print. Beginning to have rub wear on edge of back pad. Label nest to but not "new shiny", some minor dirty feel.

9 N N2 $95 slight corrosion on one snap. Very beginning sign of fade on pack pad. VERY early signs it's been wet/used, otherwise great.

12 N1N2 $90 Esth, early sigh of fade on bottom and stain mark. label is next to but not new otherwise esthetically great. Functionally, no signs of any functional stress at all.

14 N N1 $115 functionally new. Esthetically, white "toothpaste" looking stains, name written in marker, otherwise this is a new pack with extremely slight evidence it has been used at all.

15 N N2 $95 Tape mark between shoulder blades of back pad and minor stains. Label is almost but not new/shiny. Bottom looks new. F(x) straps=great shape. No functional wear/ signs of stress. subjectively, this is better than it's rank, basically a new pack.

20 N N1 $110 Minor sweat/salt marks, starting to get a slight tough fabric feel but otherwise an almost new pack.

25 N N1 $110 1 mark on bottom, slight salt mark on leather behind head, and a couple of scuffs, otherwise brand new!

27 (I can't find this one, someone must have bought it ftf and I failed to record it:n00b:) N1 N1 $95 Missing one zipper pull (I'll replace before going out), duct tape residue on back of pack (the tuckable cover that holds the assault pack.) Otherwise great pack condition.

29 N U $75 functionally new, esthetically, seen some use.

34 (R) then N N! Needs sewn along top of frame sleeves. I'll do this then it is a LNIB pack functionally and esthetically. No other visible ding at all!

35 N1N1 $95 Plastic ladder lock above left shoulder has broken piece but still fully functional. Looks great, almost full premium!

36 N1 N2 $95 Plastic ladder lock replaced with black one (slight esthetic ding only) some tape residue, almost full premium.

2 (paid for/gone)N N $120 I cannot see where this is not "un-issued/new". Nothing I can see says it has been used.

4 (paid for/gone)N N $120 I can't see where this has been issued or used at all.

5 (paid for/gone) N N1 $115 Adhesive remnants on center pull loop strap, otherwise I cannot tell that it has even been used or issued.

7 (paid for/gone) N N $115 Very slight duct tape residue on edge of center pull loop. Otherwise absolutely no evidence this has ever been used or issued.

8 (paid for/gone)N N1 $115 Duct tape residue on back pad between shoulder blades and on one of the zipper pulls, label bright shiny, very slight salt mark on bottom of butt pad. Subjective feel = clean and great.

10 (paid for/gone) U N2 $45 Esthetically, Multiple tape residue on straps, not bad but multiple spots. Label = bright shiny, but not new. Functionally, thread stress/tearing at right shoulder strap webbing attachment point and separating of pocket that holds internal frame aluminum.

11 (paid for/gone)U N1 $60 Functionally thread separation minor/easy fix at right top of internal frame pocket. Label is bright, some dirt/stain on bottom of bag (it has been set on ground). 1 spot of early rub wear on back pad. latch/buckles look un-issued/new. Subjectively, with simple repair this is almost new pack!

16 (paid for/gone) U N1 $45 F(x), slight seam stress on back bottom bed roll strap attachment, easy fix, otherwise no signs of stress to bag. Esth. center pull loop ID label remnants, back pad = bright shiny no sun fade, no bottom stains. Subjectively, newish pack with exception of minor repair that could be done easily if desired by hand.

17 N N(paid for/gone) $120 Very bright print. label is bright/new. This is likely a new un-issued pack!

18 (paid for/gone) N N2 $55 if you look close some sweat/salt marks. Otherwise bright print and label is next to but noot "new bright". Some mild tape residue on straps. F(x)= new

19 (paid for/gone) N1U $45 functionally new. Esthetically some sun fade or dirt. Otherwise great. Subjectively, this is a very "young" pack and has been out few times but has been dirty and put to bed that way. Actual wear suggests almost new though.
    21 (paid for/gone) N N $120functionally and esthetically this is legitimately an un-issued new pack!

22 (paid for/gone) N1 N1 $100 Minor rub/abrasion wear on fabric (back near bottom) Some dirt/fade in few spots. Subjectively, great newish pack!

23 (paid for/gone) N N $120No signs of wear or stress. Practically a new pack.

24 (paid for/gone)N N $120 New un-issued. Adhesive from velcro on center pull loop. Everything bright shiny, no marks.

26 (paid for/gone)N N1 $100 extremely slight sun fade and dirt, otherwise LNIB.

28 (Paid for/gone) N N1 $115couple rub wear spots on the back pad otherwise esthetically and functionally LNIB!

30 (paid for/gone) N1 U $50 kind of dirty, some fade but little use. Needs a female buckle (1 minute fix I'll do prior to sending out).

31 (paid for/gone)U U $35 functionally, part of the plastic ladder lock on the right shoulder is broken but totally functional. Early seam stress noticed if seams pulled on. Esthetically, bottom of back dirty, some fade, used but warrants a slight premium.

32 (paid for/gone)U U $30 some seam stress, minor separation at right top shoulder frame pouch. Easy to get to to repair. Slight premium warranted for great pack.

33(paid for/gone) N2 U $40 bright label, many slight dings on most esthetic measurements but great pack functionally.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    I also have 20 (-11, paid for)premium assault packs at $45 each. These are not numbered like above they are in REEEEAly good to almost new (if not new in some cases) condition.
    I found 2 (-1 paid for)radio pouches, both in excellent condition $5 each, $10 shipped.

Last edited:

jmach

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Columbus
    I'll please take: packs [STRIKE]# 17[/STRIKE] #28 and # 21 please at 120.00 ea
    AND (2) premium assault packs at 45.00 ea.
    All to be shipped.
    PM inbound!

Last edited:

Txlur

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    NWI
    5 N N1 $115 Adhesive remnants on center pull loop strap, otherwise I cannot tell that it has even been used or issued.

I'll take this one shipped, and one of those premium assault packs @45$

PM inbound.

Edit: sent some $$

Last edited:

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    I'll take this one:

15 N N2 $95 Tape mark between shoulder blades of back pad and minor stains. Label is almost but not new/shiny. Bottom looks new. F(x) straps=great shape. No functional wear/ signs of stress. subjectively, this is better than it's rank, basically a new pack.

PM inbound

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Bump, I'll be at Friday night steel this Friday. I'm only bringing premium packs that are requested. I'll bring some of each of the other things I have for sale though.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I'll be at Friday night steel this evening. I'll try to get there early enough to help setup but I can also stay late to move some of my stuff. I'll have a pretty good sampling of everything I have for sale.
    It would help to PM me with things you are interested in so I know how much to bring.
    I'll be in a tan hat with a black small INGO patch in the back and blue "Indiana flag" patch on the front shooting AR with 22 conversion.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Weekend bump. I'm around all weekend for ftf. I can meet up THIS WEEKEND anywhere along the north half of 465 or as far north as within Hamilton county or Boone county.
    Inventory edited to be accurate.

BTW, if you bought #27 from me could you PM me. I don't keep track of who bought what but I can't find that pack. I'm trying to figure out if I sold it FTF and didn't mark if off my master list or if the little tag I made fell off and it is somewhere in my house. My house got redecorated in MARPAT camo over Christmas so it would virtually disappear if I set it somewhere. :):

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom