• ...and so much more!
  • cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    I know some INGOers hate federalism, but isn't this a STATE issue?

“You must ensure that you do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, or national origin, and that students are not barred from enrolling in public schools at the elementary and secondary level on the basis of their own citizenship or immigration status of that of their parents or guardians,” the DOJ statement read.

Age is not a factor, so the State CAN discriminate based on age, or?

However, under federal law, “the term ‘child’ means any person within the age limits for which the State provides free public education.” In Massachusetts, those between the ages of 3 and 21 are eligible to attend public school.

So the State can't verify that they are not older than 21?

Last edited:

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    What doesnt our Gov. get about these "Illegal" aliens. They are committing a crime just being here. I see this as a two step thing.

1) we need to open our borders and allow everyone in. All we require is your basic information and where abouts.

2) if your didnt do step 1 you are illegal and therefore deported and get no benefits as an American citizen.

When did our Gov. turn to .... "OH, your an illegal? Here you'll need this help, and not our citizens."

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    If I had a daughter going there I'd pull her out asap.

Precisely my point. I can't get in my kid's school without stopping at the office and checking in. These people are just enrollment and lying, and everyone is too afraid of getting in trouble so they just let it happen.

What about keeping the kids safe?

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    This is getting ridiculous. I mean absolutely ridiculous.

Soap box and ballot box have failed.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Illegal aliens should get nothing other than a felony conviction for illegal entry, a mandatory significant jail term, and subsequent deportation, whether their 'birth country' wishes to receive them, or not.

They are not U.S. citizens and are not entitled to any rights or benefits guaranteed under the U.S. Constitution or U.S. law.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    What doesnt our Gov. get about these "Illegal" aliens. They are committing a crime just being here. I see this as a two step thing.

1) we need to open our borders and allow everyone in. All we require is your basic information and where abouts.

2) if your didnt do step 1 you are illegal and therefore deported and get no benefits as an American citizen.

They get it, they KNOW they will be voting democrat. They know exactly what they are doing, and they do not care about the lives of people that do not vote for them. The care about one thing, power. They will get it anyway they can. This is the nail in the coffin.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Benefits, perhaps not, however they are entitled to rights, as our founding documents specify that rights are unalienable and pertain to "all men"... That is, all people. Citizenship is not a requirement.

With that said, I agree that those who are here unlawfully should be apprehended whenever possible, tried fairly, and if convicted, should be deported to their country of origin, with the financial costs for apprehension, trial, incarceration pending trial, and deportation being payable by the government of that country. I might even be able to wrap my head around marking such convicted criminals in some way such that a return and subsequent apprehension would trigger the significant jail term you mentioned, again, with costs borne by their home government, not the citizens of our country.

Rights, however, appertain to all.

Blessings,
    Bill

Illegal aliens should get nothing other than a felony conviction for illegal entry, a mandatory significant jail term, and subsequent deportation, whether their 'birth country' wishes to receive them, or not.

They are not U.S. citizens and are not entitled to any rights or benefits guaranteed under the U.S. Constitution or U.S. law.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    And the irony is that the legal and valid students must often provide exactly that proof of age/ID when enrolling. :laugh:

I think all parents of students enrolled in government schools should exercise a little civil disobedience and refuse to provide the required documents.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Benefits, perhaps not, however they are entitled to rights, as our founding documents specify that rights are unalienable and pertain to "all men"...

The founding fathers certainly didn't apply it to "all men" in practice or in thought.

There is wide agreement that convicted criminals no longer enjoy full access to their rights. No one supports 2nd amendment rights for prisoners in a jail cell, despite 'shall not be infringed.' Once you are shown to be illegal, there is certainly no requirement, legally or ethically, to give you access to the rights of a non-criminal citizen.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    The founding fathers certainly didn't apply it to "all men" in practice or in thought.

There is wide agreement that convicted criminals no longer enjoy full access to their rights. No one supports 2nd amendment rights for prisoners in a jail cell, despite 'shall not be infringed.' Once you are shown to be illegal, there is certainly no requirement, legally or ethically, to give you access to the rights of a non-criminal citizen.

I don't believe the FF included state paid education in the list innate rights either.

Top Bottom