• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nailknocker

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Last night there was a political add for Melina Kennedy, stating she was going to get illegal guns off the streets of Indy and add a hundred police to the force.
    I would like to know what her definiation of an illegal gun is? I didn't know there was such a thing, illegal owners yes.
    I don't live in Indy, but I would like to see this question asked and see what kind of liberal stumblebum answer she gives.

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    Stop being ridiculous. Everyone knows that illegal guns are way more dangerous than legal ones. They have nothing to lose! :runaway:

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    At the gun factory, certain guns are designated as illegal during the manufacture process. Sales of these guns are restricted to criminals. Not sure if they use a 4473.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    It's boiler plate political mumbo jumbo. We all know that ANY GUN to most Demoncrats, in the hands of a citizen, is or should be illegal.

She hopes to cloud the publics' mind into thinking so as well.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    All illegal guns are illegal by their very nature.
    Only police can overcome the natural illegal tendencies of guns to be illegal.
    Anything that is not currently illegal regarding guns is simply an illegal loophole.

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    All illegal guns are illegal by their very nature.
    Only police can overcome the natural illegal tendencies of guns to be illegal.
    Anything that is not currently illegal regarding guns is simply an illegal loophole.

You just blew my mind. :):

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    "Kennedy outlined a five-point plan calling for tougher enforcement, tighter background checks, more education and gun buyback programs and closing a loophole that she says allows sales at gun shows without background checks."
    Oh, I thought she was running for Mayor. Apparenly she thinks this allows her to enact new laws. Wouldn't most of the things she proposed be overidden by the recent changes to the law concerning municipalities laws being superseded by state law?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Perhaps she intends to leverage the position of being Mayor of the city housing the state capital and use the office to promote new laws being written and passed?

In her "five point plan", as described by Pocketman (I haven't been to her website to read it),
    1) Tougher enforcement (of the state laws and the local ordinances that are still allowed,
    2) Having IMPD do more extensive background checks prior to sending the applications to ISP for approval or disapproval,
    3) More education (A good thing, provided it is unbiased (yeah, we all know better than that last)
    4) More gun "buyback" programs... No state law against them, despite the fact that they do nothing but allow for destruction of evidence and provide good guns to whoever can grab them before they head to the furnace and
    5) the old saw about "closing the gun show loophole", meaning making it impossible to buy a gun in a private party sale, would require action by the legislature and a signature from the governor. I wonder... Does Ms. Kennedy also think that if I wish to sell a hammer to my neighbor, I should take it to a hardware store and be charged for the privilege of allowing the proprietor to buy it from me and sell it to my neighbor?​

She is entitled to try to implement the above, if she is elected. This election reminds me of some lyrics from an old song made popular by the Steve Miller Band:

"Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am, stuck in the middle with you"

I am very relieved that I do not live in Indianapolis.

Blessings,
    Bill

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Here is what I did;)
    I finally got sick of hearing about all these "illegal guns":rolleyes: in the Kennedy ads......I called to find out just what they where:dunno:. The response was as expected, a gun being carried by a felon or a person without a "permit". Once the volunteer understood that neither of those actions fit the ads nor do they cause the gun to be "illegal" but rather the person to be illegally carrying the gun, I went on in attempt to discover if they were truly ignorant of the facts and insistent upon running their mouths on the subject or if they were intentionally lying and attempting to mislead the public with their ads.....Long story short, there was no one else in the office and she couldn't answer the questions....really? Friday night before the elections and NO ONE else in the office but this lone volunteer answering the phone? Okay, there are lots of other people there now and just not anyone equipped to answer the obvious.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Interesting that she claims she'll add "100 more police" on the streets. Her former boss promised the same thing and police strength declined. Not only is this a money matter (who pays the extra $500K a year for the new cops' salaries/benefits), but it's also a matter of training issues, and the fact that, as I understand it, quite a few older officers have been retiring over the past ten years or so, making it difficult to keep manning levels as they have been, let alone adding to their numbers.

If elected, I'm sure, she'll find other uses for that $500K, rather than hiring new police officers.

Plinker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Interesting that she claims she'll add "100 more police" on the streets. Her former boss promised the same thing and police strength declined. Not only is this a money matter (who pays the extra $500K a year for the new cops' salaries/benefits), but it's also a matter of training issues, and the fact that, as I understand it, quite a few older officers have been retiring over the past ten years or so, making it difficult to keep manning levels as they have been, let alone adding to their numbers.

If elected, I'm sure, she'll find other uses for that $500K, rather than hiring new police officers.
    Unless IMPD officers get paid $5k/year, I think the figure will be more like $5 million. yowzers!

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    They don't come out and say it specifically worded in that commercial, but the part where it says she's going to join other mayors to rid Indy of those illegal guns means she's going to join NYC Mayor Bloomberg's Mayors Against Illegal Guns group, which wants to rid all cities of all guns, basically.

rnmcguire

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    I have an idea, why don't they concentrate on getting all the illegal aliens off the streets instead! Leave all those hard working innocent "undocumented firearms" alone!:):

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Then I demand an amnesty for illegal guns.

If they treated illegal guns like illegal aliens then governments should pay us to attend gun schools, let us speak gunese in governmental proceedings, let us carry guns wherever we go and have John Browning's and Jeff Cooper's birthday off.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Instead of focusing on how they can empower the citizens to take care of themselves, they want to hire 100 more police (with what money?) and confiscate firearms.

I read on a political blog for a local mayor some dolt ask the candidate "what are you going to do to make me safer?". I couldn't help but ask why that person felt the need for the government to protect them and why they couldn't protect themselves. They said they didn't want the government to protect them, they wanted the police to protect them. This dolt didn't realize local government was in fact a government. They thought only the Feds were the "government".

This is the idiocy we must battle at the ballot box. 90% of the population is too dumb to be trusted with a vote... Hence Obama being President and still having a 40%+ approval rating.

Top Bottom