• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I do not know but I can tell you one thing there were cases upon cases of ammunition stacked floor to ceiling in a good sized shed. I never did know the round count but it was a bunch. A auction would be a good idea. It would be a shame if it ended up destroyed.

That description sounds like a lot more than 59,000 rounds.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    He broke the law, period. So he will get punished. Do we think the laws should exist? Mostly, no. But unfortunately, the first trumps the second.

The laws need to change for sure, but until we get people in politics who are more interested in serving us, and making things better for us all, than making things better FOR THEMSELVES, we are bound by them.

I personally dont think there should be speed limits either, since your already responsible for compensation should you screw up on the road, but since we live in a bureaucracy, and there are ulterior motives behind every rule and law on the books, they exist.

You have to remember the huge amount of revenue that comes from rules and laws in this country.

Its not bad enough that you get taxed at every turn, but they got other ways to get your money as well.

Its bull****, we all know it, and we all want to change it. But we are all living just being happy with the lessor of all evils.

Kind of wandering off topic, but My point is, nothing backpedals unless its forced. We trudge forward, things will get worse and worse, and only if it reaches critical mass, and something catastrophic happens, will it ever start over.

HamYankee

Expert
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Jan 24, 2014
    Hendricks County
    Nothing to celebrate here. It should have not been illegal in the first place.
    If the guy did some other wrong, let him be punished, but for tinkering with firearms, we should be able to do so.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I'm surprised that we even heard about this, what with the Hendricks County Zero Bad News Vacuum, and all? I guess it's because Hogsett got some TV time so he could prove he is "tough on crime and guns". Sounds as if the guy was a real champion of being the upstanding citizen though, and glad he's been taken care of for 8.5 years.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    No, it wasnt... That was part of a compromise in the 1840's-50,s as a result of the western expansion. It was essentially for census /tax purposes. Never as to election reasons.

Except it was decided in the original Constitutional Convention. Its in the very first article of the Constitution.

Representatives and direct taxes shall be apportioned among the several states which may be included within this union, according to their respective numbers, which shall be determined by adding to the whole number of free persons, including those bound to service for a term of years, and excluding Indians not taxed, three fifths of all other Persons.

I was watching the news coverage of those three people that got shot at 2300 block of Lasalle in Indy the other day. They showed the shell casings lying on the ground. Those looked like .223 or some other similar rifle casings to me. Anyone else notice this? It would be interesting to hear more details. It's been a while since I've heard of anyone in Indy using an AR or AK that way.

It happens, especially in drive-by shootings. I don't keep my own stats, but its not uncommon. Handguns are still used in the vast majority of shootings, though. Handguns, then rifles, then shotguns. I don't know why, but shotguns seem to have gone out of style, and then they are used they are using birdshot and not being terribly effective. Its happening enough that I went out and bought rifle rated plates and a carrier to supplement my soft armor.

It is important for our police to understand where the public stands.

Do you believe that INGO speaks for the public? Do you suppose that 'the public' may contain many different views on the ownership of certain classes of weapons? Should we respect the public's opinion on expanded background checks, for examle, if it disagrees with that of INGO, or do we file those away as deviations and ignore it?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    It happens, especially in drive-by shootings. I don't keep my own stats, but its not uncommon. Handguns are still used in the vast majority of shootings, though. Handguns, then rifles, then shotguns. I don't know why, but shotguns seem to have gone out of style, and then they are used they are using birdshot and not being terribly effective. Its happening enough that I went out and bought rifle rated plates and a carrier to supplement my soft armor.

Guess: I'll bet the choice of weapons is affected primarily by concealability, but after that, how cool they look in first person shooter video games. Shotguns are probably a little less glamorous, so fewer are sought and used.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Guess: I'll bet the choice of weapons is affected primarily by concealability, but after that, how cool they look in first person shooter video games. Shotguns are probably a little less glamorous, so fewer are sought and used.

Sad (or good) part of that is, a shotgun is arguably the most lethal close quarters firearm available to the masses at this time. While auto guns sound cool, and are a lot of fun to shoot, they honestly are not that effective, they run through ammo faster, and are more difficult to control than any other hand held weapon I can think of.

A shotgun loaded with buckshot (witch I have noticed becoming more and more common to find on store shelves lately) sends 9-25 rounds out in a fairly predictable pattern all at once. getting hit with a SMG once or twice is a possible death sentence, but not always the case. 1 COM hit with a 12 gauge loaded with buck, and chances are you will be having philosophical conversations with your ancestors in short order.

As far as the OP, and the arrest, its too bad he didnt resist, and give the officers a reason to bury a wife beating POS. The automatics dont bother me so much, but its obvious that he wasnt in the hobby, he was in the business, and generally speaking, that is the business of dealing with other nefarious types and degenerates that are the reason that we have all this gun control in the first place. I am more to the opinion that any crime that threatens the lives of others should be punishable Not necessarily HAS to be) by death by public hanging. Start whacking off the hands of thieves, and castrating rapists and pedophiles on Saturday afternoon in the town square. I think people will get the hint. If the criminal isnt reformable, retire them, and move on, quit locking these people up, letting them out, and then smacking them on the hand the nest time they get in trouble.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Sad (or good) part of that is, a shotgun is arguably the most lethal close quarters firearm available to the masses at this time. While auto guns sound cool, and are a lot of fun to shoot, they honestly are not that effective, they run through ammo faster, and are more difficult to control than any other hand held weapon I can think of.

A shotgun loaded with buckshot (witch I have noticed becoming more and more common to find on store shelves lately) sends 9-25 rounds out in a fairly predictable pattern all at once. getting hit with a SMG once or twice is a possible death sentence, but not always the case. 1 COM hit with a 12 gauge loaded with buck, and chances are you will be having philosophical conversations with your ancestors in short order.

As far as the OP, and the arrest, its too bad he didnt resist, and give the officers a reason to bury a wife beating POS. The automatics dont bother me so much, but its obvious that he wasnt in the hobby, he was in the business, and generally speaking, that is the business of dealing with other nefarious types and degenerates that are the reason that we have all this gun control in the first place. I am more to the opinion that any crime that threatens the lives of others should be punishable Not necessarily HAS to be) by death by public hanging. Start whacking off the hands of thieves, and castrating rapists and pedophiles on Saturday afternoon in the town square. I think people will get the hint. If the criminal isnt reformable, retire them, and move on, quit locking these people up, letting them out, and then smacking them on the hand the nest time they get in trouble.

Lol, that's sig worthy.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

I dunno. Most of the shotguns are POS single shots, usually with a cut down stock and barrel to sub-legal lengths.

Funny we just had this conversation about the use of rifles, though. I went back to work today and had an information sheet on 3 people shot with a 7.62 rifle. So, again, it does happen in Indy, just not as much as with handguns.

Top Bottom