• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    To the OP, the other side of this is that you could have gotten your clock cleaned. I see a lot of posts on this forum where folks talk about beating up others. They, IMO fail to realize that they could easily get the short end of the confrontation. I know guys who are multi degree black belts in karate. You would never know by looking at them, but I assure you they could take the average guy apart. The common denominator with these guys is modesty. My last confrontation was many years ago. My opponent looked like he could hold his own and was a lot younger. He was in my face calling me ****** and so on. I just stood there waiting for him to take the first shot. He didn't and I walked away. Coward?

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I am not one to think I will always win. I do know from experience I am not easy to put down though. I am 6'5 and about 260 lbs and have still gotten my butt kicked a few times in my life. Fights were not always about winning to me. It was always more proving the point that I would not back down. My wife said something similar to me last night. I told her getting my butt kicked would have been alot easier to deal with than learning I am no longer who I used to be. Like most have said on here it is part of growing up and having responsibilities. Still kind of a hard pill to swallow though.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    What Kirk said. You can punch me in the face and it don't hurt nearly as bad as hitting me in the wallet lol. Seriously OP you should read NYfelon's story of him whooping some guys ass. Guy turned out to be a dirty cop and guess who went to jail?

tmfinney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    New Castle
    You did the right thing in my book. There have been plenty of people that have ticked me off in the past but it was easier to just let it go and be done with it, after all karma will get them later.

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    To the OP, I'm going to have to say that from a woman's perspective, you did the right thing. And no, it DOESN'T make you less of a man, it makes you MORE of a man. A good man, who's responsible, loves his wife and family, and puts them above all else, pride included.

I think your wife will agree with me on this one. And she's a very lucky woman to have you for a husband!

7th Stepper

MommaSarah

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Elwood, IN
    To the OP, I'm going to have to say that from a woman's perspective, you did the right thing. And no, it DOESN'T make you less of a man, it makes you MORE of a man. A good man, who's responsible, loves his wife and family, and puts them above all else, pride included.

I think your wife will agree with me on this one. And she's a very lucky woman to have you for a husband!

7th Stepper

I am Darral's wife. Yes 7th Stepper I do agree with you. I think he absolutely did the right thing. And thank you I do consider myself pretty lucky to have him.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I am Darral's wife. Yes 7th Stepper I do agree with you. I think he absolutely did the right thing. And thank you I do consider myself pretty lucky to have him.

There you have your answer, Darral. Yeah, she's biased, but she seems to think you're doing ok. Thank her, give her a kiss, and tell her you love her... Then believe her. She seems a pretty good judge of character so far.

Blessings,
    Bill

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    A great many of the fights to prove your "manhood" are over relatively nothing, and you risk losing a lot if the other guy gets permanently injured or accidentally killed.

LUCKY for me, I learned this at a young age and got a second chance.

This kid older than me made a slingshot at school one day, and was shooting little balls of clay at other kids during our inside lunch hour in the gym.

He hit me in the EYE with one of these from across the gym, then laughed about it!

I vowed I'd get even.

Later that same lunch hour I caught up to this kid in the restroom.
    I was BLINDLY P*SSED!

He tried to run from me.
    I grabbed him and threw him across the room against the wall, on the way to kicking his *ss.

He ended up falling and going backwards into an old cast iron heating register.

He banged his head HARD.

He ended up with a brain concussion and broken shoulder.
    I could've accidentally KILLED him.

Lucky it was in 1968 when fights in school were handled differently.

I ended up just getting whacked by the Principal, who I could tell didn't blame me, but had to punish me SOMEHOW for appearance sake.
    He also instilled in me how easy it is to accidentally kill somebody when you lose control of your temper.

Today I would've gotten locked up for this.

I NEVER forgot that lesson, and in my life since have walked away from more BIG TALKERS than I can remember.

Last edited:

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I think pretty much all older responsible men have learned the lesson that it is better to walk to away then risk everything because of your pride. As said before it has just been a tough lesson to learn for me. Growing up is a good thing in alot of ways.

led4thehed2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Oct 16, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Sometimes you just gotta rage. In the end though, a beating on one punk doesn't change much. You'd probably still be upset later, and he'd still be a jack-wagon. Go hold you woman- always makes me feel better. She's more than enough to make me forget about all the crappy stuff that happens- big and small.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Sometimes you just gotta rage. In the end though, a beating on one punk doesn't change much. You'd probably still be upset later, and he'd still be a jack-wagon. Go hold you woman- always makes me feel better. She's more than enough to make me forget about all the crappy stuff that happens- big and small.

What are you doing holding his [STRIKE]woman[/STRIKE] wife? :laugh:

Top Bottom