Illegal to carry loaded firearm at gunshow?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • horsehaulin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    If I was wrong, then its my own fault for not educating myself before hand.

Is it illegal to carry a loaded firearm on your hip at a gunshow here in Indiana?

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Illegal, as in state laws, I don't think there is one. Against gun show rules, possibly. As you should know, against business rules and refusal to leave = trespass. I don't know of any show that allows you to do so, but there might be some that do. Rules like that will be posted at the door of the show.

horsehaulin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I was going to visit the Gunslingers show in Fort Wayne today, but that's s deal breaker for me. ZX Guns in Fort Wayne earned that sale instead.

horsehaulin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Another problem I had that made me walk out was the guy checking the guns reached across the table to pull my loaded gun out of my IWB holster. Not cool on my book!

No sign posted outside the doors in regards to loaded handguns.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    It's a safety issue. Almost all gun shows across the country are the same.

If it gives you heartburn, go to a dealer. Most dealers don't mind unless you draw your loaded firearm without permission. Darwin's Law comes into play at that point.

horsehaulin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I haven't been to a gun show since I was 18 and I thought I would check it out, but I will stick with the guys I know. No heartache, I won't disarm myself at a gun shop, won't do it at a show. My money stayed local anyways.

horsehaulin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Well, it wasn't a lady that reached, LOL

as for CC'ing, I was, but he asked and I answered honestly because I didn't think it would be a big deal, guess I was wrong.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    it pertains to private property laws - whereas they can ask you to disarm and remove you if you dont and its perfectly within their right. yes most gun shows will have you disarm.

but like others will tell you, if you tightly CC, there is no harm. again however, you CAN be lawfully removed, but not cited or arrested, unless of course you refuse removal.

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    Been to a few shows in Central and Western IN. Cleared my Bersa before I got out of my car. When asked if I was carrying, I showed them what I had, they put a plastic tie through it, I put it back in the holster, and spent a couple hours walking around the show. No biggie to me... :dunno:

Their house, their rules.

gvbcraig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 10, 2009
    Southwest Fort Wayne
    In the past, 15 years ago maybe, at the Colisiume in Fort Wayne, gun control goones placed live ammo in some of the firearms on display hoping for an accidental discharge where someon gets hurt in an effort to try and stop the gun shows. I believe there were two accidental discharges back then, fortunately no on was hurt, that is when they started th policy. I believe there was an accidental discharge at the 1500 in Indy about two years ago.

Top Bottom