• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    And, makes you wonder why a state legislator (the Democrat) would react physically to being told that law enforcement had been called?

Are you implying that a legislator (a Democrat) is more inclined to violence than other legislators? I think, just maybe, that's a reflection on the individual rather than the fact that he's a democrat legislator. And pleases, to anyone else, note that I was clear in my statement.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Are you implying that a legislator (a Democrat) is more inclined to violence than other legislators? I think, just maybe, that's a reflection on the individual rather than the fact that he's a democrat legislator. And pleases, to anyone else, note that I was clear in my statement.

Oooh!
    Oooh!
    Just take a look at the bike lock to the head video and the scores of other violent incidents from the "protesters" butthurt that neither HRC nor Bernie Sanders won the election.
    They ain't a one of them anything even close to Republicans.
    The short answer?
    Not just yes, but hell yes.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Oooh!
    Oooh!
    Just take a look at the bike lock to the head video and the scores of other violent incidents from the "protesters" butthurt that neither HRC nor Bernie Sanders won the election.
    They ain't a one of them anything even close to Republicans.
    The short answer?
    Not just yes, but hell yes.

You fail

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    You are not saying it is OK. You are saying it is not a Democrat thing. You seem to be pushing moral equivalence.

Please present the evidence of the right acting this way.

Kind of like the Bernie supporter that stabbed the black guy recently. that the MSM paints as an alt right terrorist.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Apparently words are the moral equivalent of violence in Kut's mind - at least on this topic, and based on his comments. Although, based on the incident in Berkeley recently, folks on the right may be starting to adopt the tactics advocated by the left for the past 10 or so years.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Apparently words are the moral equivalent of violence in Kut's mind - at least on this topic, and based on his comments. Although, based on the incident in Berkeley recently, folks on the right may be starting to adopt the tactics advocated by the left for the past 10 or so years.

If you are referring to fighting back against rock throwing bottle bashing bike lock wielding douche nozzles I believe the right leaning folks are getting tired of all the crap.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You are not saying it is OK. You are saying it is not a Democrat thing. You seem to be pushing moral equivalence.

Please present the evidence of the right acting this way.

Kind of like the Bernie supporter that stabbed the black guy recently. that the MSM paints as an alt right terrorist.

Shall I?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    [video]https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=6d0_1492697965[/video]

Wasn't that done by Antifa (i.e. antifascists)? I learned on INGO that the fascists, like the Nazis, were left wing.... so doesn't that make the Antifa, right-wing? Nevermind the fact that none of this addresses my original premise.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Wasn't that done by Antifa (i.e. antifascists)? I learned on INGO that the fascists, like the Nazis, were left wing.... so doesn't that make the Antifa, right-wing? Nevermind the fact that none of this addresses my original premise.

[video=youtube;_IrCgt-Bt1I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IrCgt-Bt1I[/video]

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

I would take from the comment that a state (or any) legislator, an elected official, hired to represent the People, should place him- or herself above such behavior. It's the whole, "held to a higher standard" thing, and the reason that, during our last legislative session, I heard one state representative apologize unprompted to another on the House floor for calling the latter by first name. It's why one legislator was called down by the Speaker for having impugned the majority of members in the chamber. If they're not even supposed to speak with familiarity, it follows that violent action would be even farther out of the bounds of acceptable, let alone proper behavior.

And yes, it does speak to the individual that he disregarded those rules of order and conduct and the law by resorting to violence at merely being told, even in a manner designed to incite, that LE was en route. It speaks to the content of his character as well as to his performance of his duties as a legislator, no matter on which side of the aisle he stands.

Further, while it's my understanding that it is law in Indiana that words intended to incite a reaction can be grounds for violent response, I recall many times while growing up in Texas, I was told that there is no concept in their law for "fighting words". That may or may not have been true, and may or may not still be the case, but in any event, does not allow for battery upon another person. I do hope that if charges are able to be filed, Mr. Rinaldi does so against Mr. Romero and Mr. Nevarez.

Upholding the law is their job, and neither Mr. Nevarez nor Mr. Romero did so in any way.

Blessings,
    Bill

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

I see it differently. I see the right beginning to fight back, which is not an adoption of their assault tactic. They have been reluctant in the past. The LEFT have seldom been reluctant to use violence to destroy their own communities. They are encroaching into more mixed/right venues and will wake the sleeping giant.

Dennis Prager has said for a long time that we are in a civil war but only one side is fighting, the other side is beginning to realize what is at stake.

The LEFT has always advocated violence. Many saw the claims of agents provocateur as a silly specter of the wacko right.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Around 7 years ago. I never bothered to call them again.

I guessed correctly, lol. I'm also guessing that the response would be different today... as in there would be a response and, likely, action taken.

(sorry for the long delay, lost track of this thread... and thank you for the response)

Top Bottom