• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • msmith103

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 17, 2008
    Hendricks County
    I saw this on Glenn Beck's show a few minutes ago. Is this really the direction the government is going to move towards deleting our second amendment rights? Talk about back door politics.....

Illinois Bill Would Require Gun Owners to Buy $1M in Liability Insurance

An Illinois state lawmaker is proposing that gun owners be required to carry personal liability insurance of at least $1 million.
    Rep. Kenneth Dunkin's bill seeks to amend the state's Firearm Owners Identification Card Act to provides that any person who owns a firearm in the state maintain a $1 million or higher policy of liability insurance "specifically covering any damages resulting from negligent or willful acts involving the use of such firearm while it is owned by such person."
    A gun owner would be responsible after a firearm is lost or stolen until the loss or theft is reported to the police department or sheriff of the jurisdiction in which the owner resides.
    Police would be empowered to pull the gun license of anyone who does not submit evidence of having the required insurance.
    The measure is now in the House Rules Committee.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    I watched that. Some of the info was incorrect. Your homeowner's insurance will likely take care of negligent acts (some policies will cover you if you intentionally use a firearm for self defense) but not intentional misuse. I don't know of any policy that is going to cover someone for intentionally shooting someone for no valid reason.

msmith103

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 17, 2008
    Hendricks County
    Exactly... If you have insurance companies insuring gun owners and the government saying that they have to prepare to shell out $1M, then you are going to have rates either sky rocket or insurance companies are just not going to be willing to take the risk.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Exactly... If you have insurance companies insuring gun owners and the government saying that they have to prepare to shell out $1M, then you are going to have rates either sky rocket or insurance companies are just not going to be willing to take the risk.

And that would create a de-facto ban on ownership, no? Slick.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I remember when laws like that were being discussed early in the Clinton years. The stated opinion of the insurance industry at the time was that liability for 3rd party use of a firearm was an "unmanageable risk" and that there was no way for the industry to reasonably write insurance for it.

INRanger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2009
    Obama wants are guns. He was able to pass an unpopular spending package with almost no Republican support, what chance do are 2nd Amendment rights have? He cant outright change the Constitution, but he will try to make it so expensive to exercise our right to bear arms that we will gladly trade it so are kids can eat. Scary.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I only hope Obama keeps up the dumb **** during his first two years long to wake people up for the mid-term elections.

I don't think we'll see nearly the turn out we did last year, because he isn't on the ticket.

HOPEFULLY, enough people will wake up and hit the polls and we make some changes in Congress.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I only hope Obama keeps up the dumb **** during his first two years long to wake people up for the mid-term elections.

I don't think we'll see nearly the turn out we did last year, because he isn't on the ticket.

HOPEFULLY, enough people will wake up and hit the polls and we make some changes in Congress.

People should be wide awake by now but the Indiana primary showed how little people care about making changes. Just look at the Republican senate ticket and you will see that people are blind as ever and elect another party boy rather than someone who will stand for something. Seriously, people will only accept the Obama administration more as the country gets weaker and poorer. If anyone needs a good example of what I am talking about then look up Nazi Germany and Hitler's rise to power.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    If there was a reality show about it, people might take note. Sad, but true.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    People should be wide awake by now but the Indiana primary showed how little people care about making changes. Just look at the Republican senate ticket and you will see that people are blind as ever and elect another party boy rather than someone who will stand for something. Seriously, people will only accept the Obama administration more as the country gets weaker and poorer. If anyone needs a good example of what I am talking about then look up Nazi Germany and Hitler's rise to power.
    Sad, but true !!!

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    As stated earlier, the problem is that insurance companies don't sell insurance to people so thay can commit willful acts.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    It's just yet another insurance bailout bill. Legislate that some portion of the population MUST buy insurance, and if they don't they get fined or jailed. Who is the real winner: The insurance companies.

I think the insurance lobby must be spending Big Bucks buying politicians in Illinois, as well as in this federal administration.

It's not the only industry that is reaping HUGE profits from the O'Bama mob. Check out the "wireless microphone manufacturers bailout" that was originally introduced by a legislator from Illinois. The company most likely to profit hugely?? A company from Illinois (who is one of the few US manufacturers).

Most of the thousands of wireless mics on the market now are worthless, and can't be used after June 12 under criminal and civil penalties. Nobody in the US will buy them, because they can't be used. Sound companies, TV studios, musicians, etc, all MUST buy new ones to replace them. Gosh, all of a sudden, they've created a market for several hundred thousand new units, and killed the used market. Who stands to gain the most?? The most popular manufacturer in the US - who is in Illinois!! What a coincidence!

Top Bottom