• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    What is the process of getting a CCW in illinois?

Do they offer reciprocity with indiana?

I will assume you live in Westfield Indiana not Westfield Illinois, yes we have one also. If I am correct the quickest way to get the Illinois CCW would be to move to Illinois. Seriously, lonehoosier has given you the thread where all has been discussed. We here in Illinois have gotten rid of the rabidly anti-gun Governor who wanted even more restrictions than are in the present law. Hopefully we will be able to work on the law to make it better but we still have to see how much help the new governor will be. Reciprocity is a big one for us as this wil expand where our CCW is honored. Jim.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    If I remember correctly, you can drive through Illinois now with a loaded gun in the car. You just can't get out of the car and carry the gun.

mpd

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Aug 10, 2014
    Westfield

Exactly what I was looking for... Thank you

I will assume you live in Westfield Indiana not Westfield Illinois, yes we have one also. If I am correct the quickest way to get the Illinois CCW would be to move to Illinois. Seriously, lonehoosier has given you the thread where all has been discussed. We here in Illinois have gotten rid of the rabidly anti-gun Governor who wanted even more restrictions than are in the present law. Hopefully we will be able to work on the law to make it better but we still have to see how much help the new governor will be. Reciprocity is a big one for us as this wil expand where our CCW is honored. Jim.

I appreciate your input. Hopefully things will change in the future. If forced to move to Ill I'd like to be able to shoot at a gun range without fear of being illegal.

Funny how these anti Governors say no gun & stand behind their armed guards.

Thanks for input. Safe shooting.

Stang51d

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Centerpoint
    I rescued my wife from IL, she lived in Georgetown. I told her then that she should get that FOID card, and it turned out to be easier to move her here, marry her and get her LTCH.

ductape

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    I rescued my wife from IL, she lived in Georgetown. I told her then that she should get that FOID card, and it turned out to be easier to move her here, marry her and get her LTCH.

Wow! Now that's willing to go all the way for freedom!

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I would say it's a safe bet to say that Illinois will never have reciprocity with Indiana LTCH for one simple reason and the same as why several other states don't. Indiana does not require any formal training and the age for Indiana is 18.

Top Bottom