• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    The Chicago area band of state legislatures will kill this bill for sure. What needs to be done is to build a wall somewhere south of Chicago to cut it off from the rest of the state.

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    What needs to be done is to build a wall somewhere south of Chicago to cut it off from the rest of the state.

Remembering back to the early 60s, before I left at age 18, Illinois always was this: Chicago, and Downstate Illinois. Like two separate entities. Looks like it is even more so today.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    The idiocy in IL is rivals ONLY by that in Washington DC.

Phelps has long advocated a concealed-carry bill, and a plan he ran on the floor last month fell short by seven votes. The Madigan plan that was OK'd Thursday is similar but adds significantly to the list of places guns would be prohibited, including on mass-transit buses and trains, a key for violence-weary Chicago Democrats.

Read more: Illinois concealed carry bill passes House committee - Chicago News and Weather | FOX 32 News

It's already 100% ILLEGAL for ANYONE to carry a firearm in Chicago. That includes mass transit buses and trains. So if LAWFUL & LICENSED citizens are allowed to carry there, clearly it's going to cause a bloodbath and the "violence weary" Chicago Democrats don't want to see that, do they?

The "logic" here is ASTOUNDING!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    jwh, you have an incorrect perspective, one of logic.:D

Think political, not logic. If people are allowed to carry on mass transit, where will they go in Illinois? Right, Chicago. If people are allowed to defend themselves aboard METRA or CTA then there will be less and less need for Chicago government.

This isn't about effective public policy or constitutional right, this is about the Chicago Way, control of people, control of money.

As usual it creates a two tier system of citizen: those who do not use mass transit as they can afford to live in Chicago near their work or they use private cars have more rights than Barney Bungalow who must commute on the El or the bus.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    jwh, you have an incorrect perspective, one of logic.:D

I hear ya'!! There is a perverse logic, however, to what appears to be madness.

Here is what I believe is at the root of the Chicago Democrats concerns. If CCW was permitted in all these places, what we here on INGO know will happen will actually happen and violent crime will go DOWN. In fact it will go WAY down.

That shoots a BIG HOLE in the anti-gun argument. So they simply can't allow that possibility to happen. Even the politically-controlled Chicago PD spin-machine won't be able to cover that up. Folks on the street will know it's suddenly safer. That IS a frightening prospect!

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    anybody know what's in it and how it effects me as a hoosier? Will I be able to carry in IL after this?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Here is what I believe is at the root of the Chicago Democrats concerns. If CCW was permitted in all these places, what we here on INGO know will happen will actually happen and violent crime will go DOWN. In fact it will go WAY down.

If the good people in Chicago, including Engelwood and there are a bunch, no longer have to live in fear then Chicago's power over them is reduced. If people start defending themselves, they just might think "hey, wait, why do we need City Hall for X and Y and Z?"

Independence of thought and action is what Chicago fears. They need mindless zombies for the Welfare State/Blue State model, not citizens.

anybody know what's in it and how it effects me as a hoosier? Will I be able to carry in IL after this?

As long as you have your non-resident Illinois carry license.

opus1776

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Top Bottom