• ...and so much more!
  • Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I live in NWI, commute back and forth from Chicago for work. Tuned into the news on the radio on the drive home. There was a politcal add on the radio. The add was a female speaking about the DANGEROUS agenda of a Republican running for office (wish I could remember his name) who actually wants to make concealed carry legal in the Communist State of Illinois. She cited all the violence on the streets, and now, this evil politician want to make bring EVEN MORE guns onto the streets by legalizing concealed carry. Can you imagine, guns in our grocery stores??? Guns on our sidewalks where are children are??? (actual words used in the add). She made it sound like this would be first, since in Chicago there are no guns on streets, sidewalks, or grocery stores. She painted the man to be a dangerous lunatic for having the gall to advocate a constitutional right of the people to defend themselves from the very danger she's abhoring!

Oh well, once a sheep always a sheep....

I don't know if the lady in the add realizes what a huge favor she just did for the other side.

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    If nothing else, The People's Republic of Chicago has got a huge surplus of ignorance.

You hit the nail on the head. Ignorance is what feeds the antis. The woman about whom the OP writes is an ignoramus. She criticizes her opponent (whose policies would likely reduce crime) because she does not want to see guns being carried by John Q. Tapayer. I read an article today about the violence in Chicago. They've had approximately 450 murders this year. I want to shout at this woman! Who has the guns in your city?! Who is committing the violence?! John Q. Taxpayer faces a prison sentence for peacefully carrying a concealed firearm, while the criminal degenerates (including the Chicago Political Machine) are parading around with illegally possessed weapons. It's ludicrous. I digress...

Before I allow my anger to take control, I must note that the ignoramus in question is likely fully aware of what and whom is causing the violence in her city. The real fact is that she doesn't care. She's part of the machine--the same machine from where our beloved president came. They know the facts; they know that gun ownership by law-abiding citizens reduces crime; they know. The real issue for the machine is control. Control. Control. Control. Create more lemmings and more lemmings will follow.

dt420

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2012
    NW
    You hit the nail on the head. Ignorance is what feeds the antis. The woman about whom the OP writes is an ignoramus. She criticizes her opponent (whose policies would likely reduce crime) because she does not want to see guns being carried by John Q. Tapayer. I read an article today about the violence in Chicago. They've had approximately 450 murders this year. I want to shout at this woman! Who has the guns in your city?! Who is committing the violence?! John Q. Taxpayer faces a prison sentence for peacefully carrying a concealed firearm, while the criminal degenerates (including the Chicago Political Machine) are parading around with illegally possessed weapons. It's ludicrous. I digress...

Before I allow my anger to take control, I must note that the ignoramus in question is likely fully aware of what and whom is causing the violence in her city. The real fact is that she doesn't care. She's part of the machine--the same machine from where our beloved president came. They know the facts; they know that gun ownership by law-abiding citizens reduces crime; they know. The real issue for the machine is control. Control. Control. Control. Create more lemmings and more lemmings will follow.
    Chicago Shootings: At Least 19 Wounded By Gun Violence Thursday, 13 Over 30 Minutes
    19 people shot over night, 13 of them were shot in a 30 min span in Aug. Luckily for the people of Chicago this lady will make sure none of them will ever be able to protect themselves legally.

EyesDownfield

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    It's kind of funny and self-defeating in a way, because political ads like this have an exact opposite effect for people who support the Constitution.

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    It is truely sad to hear that. I have many friends and family in Chicago that think the same way. Even much of my family who vote Republican and consider themselves conservative. I think it's because they have no/limited exposure to citizens who carry guns and don't understand that the action of carrying does not a criminal make. I have tried to reason with them but they have a completely different logic that I cannot comprehend.

vzdude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   1
    Jan 20, 2011
    Kentland, IN
    Wish I knew just how many people carry in IL consistently ? I know it's against the law, and I have done it, myself, from time to time ( mostly forgetting that I'm going the 5 miles that puts me across the line) , but I know there are tons more that do it , knowingly, every day.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Wish I knew just how many people carry in IL consistently ? I know it's against the law, and I have done it, myself, from time to time ( mostly forgetting that I'm going the 5 miles that puts me across the line) , but I know there are tons more that do it , knowingly, every day.

I live in Illannoy about eight miles from Indiana, no I just can't see moving but if I ever do it will be to Indiana. I don't carry in Illinois but with my Florida and Utah non-resident permits do so whenever I am in Indiana. I do have an unloaded handgun with me in my truck quite often because that is legal. Jim.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    It is truely sad to hear that. I have many friends and family in Chicago that think the same way. Even much of my family who vote Republican and consider themselves conservative. I think it's because they have no/limited exposure to citizens who carry guns and don't understand that the action of carrying does not a criminal make. I have tried to reason with them but they have a completely different logic that I cannot comprehend.

Most of them do not even know that Illinois is the only state where a citizen cannot legally carry a gun.

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    Heard a smilar one on WLS. She starts off talking about the guys "radical affiliation" with Pat Robertson, then ends with" he even supports a bill to allow people to carry guns concealed". The n she says her candidate"always fights for our rights". Lol. Unless of course it's listed second in the Bill of Rights.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If nothing else, The People's Republic of Chicago has got a huge surplus of ignorance.

It is like Gregg and Donnelly stating that the Tea Party is evil and has to be stopped. Or that evangelicals are extremists. It is easy for the leftwingers to claim that only they are moderates and that anyone who opposes them is evil and has to be destroyed.

Top Bottom