• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dwain

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    Along the Wabash
    The Illinois State Police mailed out 5000 CCW permits yesterday. The first people received them in the mail today. I thought I would never see this day. Although we are restricted on a lot of places to carry, it is a first step. I should get mine in about a month. Please don't flame me for living in this state, as it is easier said than done, to pick up and move to another state.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Congratulations next month!

You're right it is a start. Hopefully, progress will be made as people see for themselves law abiding gun carriers are not a problem. It's a slow process, even here.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I am happy for Illinois residents that this day has finally come, finally. That is sure a step in the right direction, but I think the price of the IL CCW license is atrocious. It's as if they were trying to solve the IL state budget crisis with CCW money. I have to wonder how the cost issue would play out in court. The high cost would seem to exclude a large number of people who should not be excluded for any other reason. Would the courts find a legal problem there? Maybe time will tell.

Racechase1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Indy
    If you could remove St.Louis and Chicago from Illinois, it would be a wonderful place. But since that will never happen, it sucks.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    I am happy for Illinois residents that this day has finally come, finally. That is sure a step in the right direction, but I think the price of the IL CCW license is atrocious. It's as if they were trying to solve the IL state budget crisis with CCW money. I have to wonder how the cost issue would play out in court. The high cost would seem to exclude a large number of people who should not be excluded for any other reason. Would the courts find a legal problem there? Maybe time will tell.

From my Uncle in Rockford: "$150 Per application/license, $150 for 8 hr class, More $s for range training."

Top Bottom