• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clay County
    Students as young as kindergarten in Illinois public schools would get some form of sexual education under a proposal supported by Planned Parenthood.

The Pro-Family Alliance said it goes too far. Planned Parenthood disagrees.

If passed into law, the Responsible Education for Adolescent and Children's Health, or REACH Act would start sex ed in kindergarten through second grade with lessons on personal safety and respecting others. Grades 3-5 would cover anatomy, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression. Grades 6-12 would build upon that and include benefits of abstinence, birth control and prevention of STDs.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    "Sex education" = trans propaganda and indoctrination. It's already endemic in older grades, the new goal is to start ratcheting down the grade levels and worming their "girls aren't girls and boys aren't boys" message into your children's heads as young as possible and on-ramping them into transition as young as possible, parental knowledge and consent not required.

The only sex education required at the kindergarten level is "boys are boys, girls are girls, don't touch the other kids there, tell a grownup immediately if another grownup tries to touch you there".

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    i'm younger than most INGOers, i think we started sex ed in 4th grade but I could be wrong. Definetely no later than 5th grade. (Public school, Monroe county community school corporation)

It was of the "boys are boys, girls are girls, don't touch the other kids there, tell a grownup immediately if another grownup tries to touch you there" variety that Ark described.

It got way more detailed in middle school. I think we touched on "gender identity" later in high school.

I believe the schools always handed kids flyers to give to their parents to make sure parents signed off before having their kids sit through the required sex-ed curriculum.

If I had kids in public school I think I would be a parent that wouldn't want my kids "learning" whatever it is they intend to "teach" until about 5th or 6th grade. Certainly no earlier than 4th grade. Just my 2 cents.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Students as young as kindergarten in Illinois public schools would get some form of sexual education under a proposal supported by Planned Parenthood.

The Pro-Family Alliance said it goes too far. Planned Parenthood disagrees.

If passed into law, the Responsible Education for Adolescent and Children's Health, or REACH Act would start sex ed in kindergarten through second grade with lessons on personal safety and respecting others. Grades 3-5 would cover anatomy, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression. Grades 6-12 would build upon that and include benefits of abstinence, birth control and prevention of STDs.

I often wonder how many examples it will take for some to say state indoctrination centers are cesspools in which I will not make my children marinate.

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    Parental consent should be an absolute must, seems insane they'd do away with that but public ed has done worse things so I could see this being the new normal. All the more reason not to have kids go through the horrific public school system.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I’m so glad my kids made it through school before things got totally out of hand. It was bad enough then, the libtards where really starting to ramp it up, but the trash I hear about now makes those look like the good ol’ days.
    We (my towns school system) are still a pretty conservative district, relatively, but damn, I don’t think any of my kids would make it very long if they were still in school.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    If I had kids in public school I think I would be a parent that wouldn't want my kids "learning" whatever it is they intend to "teach" until about 5th or 6th grade. Certainly no earlier than 4th grade. Just my 2 cents.
    There's certainly things that K-4 should learn for purposes of safety, and I'm in complete agreement with that. The problem is that given everything we've already seen being pushed in the public school system, I have zero faith that the motives here are pure. I'd rather the youngest kids not be taught anything at all than to be told the things that I suspect are the real goal here.

After the abandonment of kids by the teachers unions in 2020 and the encroachment of more and more intersectional nonsense, I'm already factoring private school tuition into my family planning.

Top Bottom