• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dick

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Going to be taking my AR, my carry XD, and my wifes carry BG .380 into Il. Ive searched on here to get info on proper transport and understand they need to be unloaded, in a case, in the trunk.

2 Questions

1: Does it matter if it is a hard case or soft case?

2: Can all 3 guns be in one large case as long as they are unloaded and the case is sealed and in the trunk?

Thanks again, this site has always been extremely helpful to me! You guys and gals rock!!:rockwoot:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    doesn't even HAVE to be "the trunk"

Glove box / center console would count.

Mags can't be in 'em, but can remain loaded.

-J-

Dick

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Well i dont think the AR will fit in the glove box OR console lol. I figure ill just put it in the trunk as added measure to cover my back side

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Unloaded, encased and in a trunk or broken down is the Federal FOPA standard for transporting a firearm across state lines, he would be fine even IF they had an assault weapon ban.

Provided the final destination isn't within one of those zones that still restrict certain weapons / weapons in total.

-J-

Dick

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Never said i plan to shoot there, as i dont plan too. Most likely will not even carry ammo for the rifle. Little bro is on leave from the Army and will be staying with our family in Illinois. He wants to see the rifle and said he will show me some of the stuff he's learned as far as handling, holding, aiming, etc.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Never said i plan to shoot there, as i dont plan too. Most likely will not even carry ammo for the rifle. Little bro is on leave from the Army and will be staying with our family in Illinois. He wants to see the rifle and said he will show me some of the stuff he's learned as far as handling, holding, aiming, etc.

Sorry, thinking of one of the MANY other Ill travel threads :rolleyes:

Top Bottom