• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hickory

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    Gibson county
    Talked to a good friend today that went camping over the weekend in the big national forest in Southern Illinois.
    Also camping was a Illinois state trooper who heads up one of their swat teams.
    My friend ask him about having a gun in his vehicle and complying with Illinois law.
    The trooper said those laws are meant for those people in Chicago. He said it is pretty stupid to carry a empty gun with you. He said no trooper in Southern Illinois is going to hassle you about the gun. He added that they have no right to search your vehicle anyway. So keep it safely out of sight and you should have no problems.
    Now I know this is only his opinion, it is not in writing, it is not what the law says etc. etc. etc., so there is no need to tell me how incorrect I am.
    I'm just passing on what was said to my friend, who I believe completely.
    Hickory

ditto

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    Newburgh
    Yeah I wouldn't put wings on it and try to fly with it. But then again I was born 90 miles West of Chicago which is kind of like living in that part under the toilet that rust and hairs and nastiness generally collects and everyone is afraid to clean but maybe once a year. But props to that cop for being nice to your friend.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I don't doubt this a bit given that Chicago has enough seats to control the state legislature and turn it into a state-wide Chicago city council, which is generally resented downstate. The critical element is that this can cause much umbrage when you find one of the officers who operate by the book (granted, so long as you keep it out of sight there is no reason they would ever know the difference) and then get sore at him for doing exactly what the law says. This is the chief problem with salutary neglect.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    Great camping and hunting down in Shawnee National Forest.

I wouldnt be so much worried about the State Troopers as I would be the city and county police. The southern towns are BROKE and if they get a chance to nab someone for illegal conceal carry/loaded firearm in the vehicle, they most likely will. Thats income for the county/city.

It is quite true that southern Illinois is firearm friendly and arent remotely even close to the same interests as Chicago's agenda.

Bigshep

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    New Albany
    Not worth the risk to test that. Get caught once and there goes your guns. Then again, if you're going to then we go back to the old saying "concealed means concealed"

XDLover

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Delaware County
    Didn't we just have a thread about some guy getting nailed in Illinois for carry in his car? Sadly one cops word isn't enough while you might not have an issue do you really want a felony rap?

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I'm sure there are plenty of 2A friendly LEOs in Illinois. Just like 2A friendly police put people in handcuffs for not carrying a rifle.

Seriously though, it only takes one to decide to charge you with a FELONY, but if you want to spend your life savings fighting the corrupt Illinois court on behalf of gunowners and the 2A be my guest :D

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Yeah I wouldn't put wings on it and try to fly with it. But then again I was born 90 miles West of Chicago which is kind of like living in that part under the toilet that rust and hairs and nastiness generally collects and everyone is afraid to clean but maybe once a year. But props to that cop for being nice to your friend.
    :eek::puke:

Top Bottom