• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chasekerion4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Not really "panic" per se, but I was definitely persuaded by the most recent events. Nothing crazy, but I did buy 2 handguns I've been wanting for quite awhile. Why? Because unless you're looking for a Glock or XD, selection is getting thinner and thinner by the day.

I saw today that Davidson's (national firearms distributor) had shut down for the day at 11:00 this morning, because they had hit 5 million sales for the day already. A typical day for them is 1.8 million. Whether it's true or not, I don't know. I would not, however, be surprised.

Basically, with what has been happening lately, I decided the time was right to finally get out and get what I've been wanting to buy. No more procrastinating, because if not now, when? Better yet, if not now, ever? Or anytime soon?

Not only did I get these 2 guns, I went ahead and picked up an extra couple thousand rounds of ammo to shoot. Remember back in 2009 and early 2010 when ammo was scarce? Call it what you want but the fact is (as evidenced by people's stories) both ammo and (especially) guns have gone up in price. The elevated prices of nearly all products within this industry are most likely here to stay, regardless of whether they're artificially inflated or not.

My thought process is this: I've waited over 2 years to buy both of these guns. In those 2 years, the prices have gone up, and I've acquired more run-of-the-mill guns than I probably should have in that time frame. Instead of continuing down this path, I believe the "smart money" is to buy the guns I really WANT, and leave the Glocks, etc for another day. These types of guns are a dime a dozen, so to speak. Sure, their prices have gone up, too, but a 10% price increase on a $500 gun is not as bad as a 10% increase on a $1,200 gun.

Obviously this line of thinking only applies to those who have the means to afford it, because the fact is that it IS Christmas time and priorities are different for everyone.

So, is this what people call "panic buying?" Or is it the smart time to buy what you want to buy, at a time when the selection is at it's highest point for the foreseeable future?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom