• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FutureButterBar

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Don't Worry About It
    ... and one step closer to being a true butter bar. I got back from united states marine corps officer candidate school just a few days ago. I thought i would say hello. it is nice to be back in this crap hole we call Indiana. it isn't as hot as Virginia. or maybe it is the fact that i can actually sleep in and am not being told what to do.

I have college to finish then I will get my commission and earn my yellow bars. and then off to the basic school (after the 8 month wait for the back up)

here is a congratulations to the 15oo of us (yes that few) that made it through the entire year. through the 9 and 12 miles hikes, that were actually more like runs. through the endurance course, cft, pft. through skip jumps until our calves stopped working. through the 3 days of being in the field and completing sule 2. through the early mornings and late nights. through being told to tighten it up, shut up, hurry up, and touch 'em. through all the objectives we assaulted and mostly uphill. :ar15:through all that fun BS. through being yelled at for everything including when we were right. Congrats. oorah and semper fi.

not the post you thought it was going to be? maybe not all of us are irrational butt holes

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    What's the difference between a PFC and 2lt? the PFC has been promoted.
    Seriously, congrats and thanks from an army guy. Although my mother was a gunny....

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    My best friend(who is my brother in every way except blood) from the 82nd has told me some horror stories about butter bars...One in particular that I don't even want to repeat(We have the 4 rules for a reason). :):

With that being said, thank you for your service, buddy!

FutureButterBar

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Don't Worry About It
    My best friend(who is my brother in every way except blood) from the 82nd has told me some horror stories about butter bars...One in particular that I don't even want to repeat(We have the 4 rules for a reason). :):

With that being said, thank you for your service, buddy!

there are stupid people everywhere, you can't really blame butter bars as a whole. but yeah, i hear all kinds of bad things about butter bars. i have more enlisted freinds than i do officer freinds, and im a lot more like my enlisted freinds. so i guess we will see how that works out.
    and as those 4 rules. i follow and enforce those things like crazy

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Congrats for someone who never served...but should have, although I think my eye sight and already beat up body would have kept me out. thanks in advance for your service to our Country. :patriot:

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    Quick Sir, get a deployment in as soon as you can! Nothing says "Boot" like an Lt, except an Lt with no deployment. Not to mention, it'll help you understand what all your guys are talking about all the time. You'll learn more then you can imagine when you can actually see the difference between real field & garrison!

FutureButterBar

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Don't Worry About It
    Yep. Captain Kline. You too? You get his email this morning?

Didn't realize there was another OSO for Indiana.

Yeah, im from indy with Cpt Kline, but I came in under Major (was Cpt) Blaine.
    there is an oso up by purdue. oso indy covers up to ball state.
    i got his email. i think im just gonna stick to the mandatory stuff, im real busy lately.
    be lucky you got OCC with the 10 weeks. us PLC's are getting screwed cuz there are more of us than the govt wants. the funny part is from jrs to graduated srs only like 1/3 of us made it through, so idk how there is too many.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Yeah, im from indy with Cpt Kline, but I came in under Major (was Cpt) Blaine.
    there is an oso up by purdue. oso indy covers up to ball state.
    i got his email. i think im just gonna stick to the mandatory stuff, im real busy lately.
    be lucky you got OCC with the 10 weeks. us PLC's are getting screwed cuz there are more of us than the govt wants. the funny part is from jrs to graduated srs only like 1/3 of us made it through, so idk how there is too many.

When I started talking to the Marines, it was with Major (Captain) Blaine. I was too far into college to do PLC, though. And unfortunately, I wasn't in good enough physical condition to cut it anyway. So I've been working with Captain Kline since I graduated. I was not selected by the last board, so I'm trying again for the January class (November board). Captain Kline told me the other day it is still really competitive for OCC, too, especially for Air, which I'm doing.

Top Bottom