• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • canebreaker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2020
    Horn Lake
    I woke one night with a cough, it got worse. Got to the point I didn't feel like I was breathing with coughing so much and hard. Got my granddaughter up to take me to ER. I met the doctor at the door and back into a room we went. That's the last I remember. 3 days later I woke in ICU with a breathing tube down my throat. 3 IVs in each arm and a main in my leg with 3 IVs to it. The breathing tube came out the next day and the IVs started to be removed. On the 5th day I was moved to a stepdown room with 1 IV in each arm. Each day I had some type of heart related test run. All came back good except some blockage in my right leg. It was evening of the 9th day that I got to come home.
    All the staff kept asking family members if I had any heart conditions, none. I suffered from congestive heart failure. Something a first time heart patient usually doesn't have.
    I hadn't been to a doctor since I retired in 2008. I was drug free until I got home. Now I have 14 pills to take each morning and 8 at night. Feels like I went from youth to old overnight.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Sorry to hear about this ordeal but very glad to hear you are on the mend. Welcome back.

Nugget

Milsurp Enjoyer
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2022
    Morgan County
    I'll be talking with the doctor's nurse later today, I'll ask.

If they're like most of the medical professionals you see and hear about, they'll probably be reluctant to give you an honest answer on that subject. Certainly seems suspicious though if you've been healthy for 15 years and had this issue pop up out of the blue.

Welcome back though. Hope you continue to recover and get back to normal soon.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I think the reason he's asking is because of a possible link to the covid shots and heart failure in some people.
    I'll be talking with the doctor's nurse later today, I'll ask.
    From what I've read, the covid shots tend to affect younger men's hearts. At least those are the people you read about dropping dead from heart attacks after getting their shots. Older men? I don't remember reading about them dropping so much.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    From what I've read, the covid shots tend to affect younger men's hearts. At least those are the people you read about dropping dead from heart attacks after getting their shots. Older men? I don't remember reading about them dropping so much.
    Maybe because older men are viewed as naturally occurring? So not news worthy? Not to mention to find any “news” on negative effects of the shot you really have to dig as is.

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Maybe because older men are viewed as naturally occurring? So not news worthy? Not to mention to find mention to find any “news” on negative effects of the shot you really have to dig as is
    Could be. Very well could be.

Top Bottom