• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I had a 5 or 6 year old knock on my door and deliver an Amazon package while mommy sat in the car on her phone! The kid looked terrified to be walking up to strangers houses. On top of that, he just hopped back in the car not strapped into a child seat or with a seat belt and she took off down the road!

At least the 6 year brought the package all the way to your door and knocked, sounds like my adult UPS guy could learn a couple a couple of things from him.

tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I had a 5 or 6 year old knock on my door and deliver an Amazon package while mommy sat in the car on her phone! The kid looked terrified to be walking up to strangers houses. On top of that, he just hopped back in the car not strapped into a child seat or with a seat belt and she took off down the road!

Any chance was this purchased through Amazon Now?

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I've noticed seemingly random people delivering Amazon things lately too. Kind of strange to see, but their delivery times to me have also gotten quicker, so I'm not going to complain.

I'm betting this is the first real step to drone delivery. Get folks used to packages showing up in random ways, and all of a sudden a drone is more appealing than the human weirdness walking packages up to your door. I think it's a stop-gap until they get the drone thing really perfected, and I think drones WILL be here sooner or later as the main delivery mode.

I'm also thinking one of the holdups is that they want to enhance their delivery service but the cops still think bonerdrones are proprietary...

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I had similar. Ordered something out of NJ. No exaggeration it made 5 hops within 25 miles before it hit the main hub. (the equivalent of going from West Newton to Camby to Airport, to Speedway to Haughville before finally hitting the downtown hub to be sent across country)

Now Fedex is on the bandwagon.

7 days to get a box from KS to Indy.

Top Bottom