• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I bought my wife a new washer and dryer last year. $2000 for the set, supposed to be the good stuff. The washer's water pump went out in the first six months. Now it has a bearing going out and it sounds like a 747 is landing in my driveway when we wash clothes. Called for warranty repair three weeks ago only to be told they didn't have the part for it by a technician who *****ed about having to tear the entire thing apart to get to the bearing. Three weeks, still no part, still no repair. It takes three times longer to do one load of laundry with it like this. Money well spent.

Last November I bought an $800 Ingersoll Rand air compressor from Tractor Supply. Hornadylnl & Rookie were nice enough to come over and help wire in the 220v circuit for it in my garage and they helped me pick up the compressor and get it installed (great guys!). It has less than two hours on it and in February it stopped building pressure above 95psi and will not shut off on it's own. I sent IR an email and waited a week with no response. Someone gave me a number for their local customer center so I called them last week. They were supposed to send someone out Monday but they never showed, never called. When I called them they told me they might be able to get someone out here today. The tech showed up today and was here for a grand total of 15 minutes. He told my wife that he thought he knew what was wrong but that they didn't have the parts to repair it. He also told her they were going to have to find someone else to get parts from. WTF? They are the IR customer center. If they can't get parts who the hell else is going to have them? He said to call back in a week and they may be able to "rig" something up. WTF does that mean? Get it to work just long enough for the warranty to expire so I'm screwed and it's no longer their problem? Money well spent once again.

I called Trijicon six weeks ago and ordered a pair of their new HD sights for my Gen4 G23. I was told there was a four week ETA for delivery, no problem. I've waited much longer for good stuff and it comes with the territory. I wait a month and nothing. I wait another week, nothing. I wait another week and decide to call. Talked to someone on the phone today and they can't find any record of my order. So now if I want my sights I have to wait another month for them.

I'm done. I'm not buying another product that doesn't ship directly from China, preferably with a Chinese shipping company and a Chinese truck driver. At least their crap is cheap enough that I won't have to worry when it breaks, I'll just buy another one. My last purchase will be a crash course in Chinese from Rosetta Stone.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Whirlpool washer/dryer. I just sent them a lovely email.

I bought the base model LG front load set a few years ago and haven't had the first problem with them. (Knocking on my desk right now) I got tired of putting parts, time and sweat into my old cheapo set and made up my mind that I was going to buy Maytag for the next time around. Until I started reading the reviews on them. I think the only front load to have a higher than 2.5 out of 5 star ratings was the LG and they consistently were over 4 stars.

When I went to buy my new appliances for the new house, I thought I'd go with LG for the fridge, etc. The LG fridge reviews pretty well sucked. I ended up going with GE for them. Anything like that, I really try to read the reviews.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Funny...

We just bought a Whirlpool topload washer from Sears.

It leaked the very first load. Sears replaced it the next day.

-J-

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    We had to buy a new washing machine last winter. (of course we had to buy a dryer too). It was tough finding a set made in the USA! Wound up with Bosch-- so far, so good (made in USA and was on sale!)

Top Bottom