• ...and so much more!
  • patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Allen, have you figured cost for the time involved yet?

Looking to add a Bartlein bbl in 6.5 CM (Creedmoor, not Churchmouse);) as well as trueing up the rcvr like you've done so far.
    . Sako style extractor too, once you've got the process figured out.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I know there are a couple questions here and sorry I am slow to reply right now. I have 2 ppl on vacation this week and not much computer time for me

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    After much different ammo testing (no handloads) We made a range trip last night and fire lapped the barrel some because the previous groups the best we could get was 1.90" at 240 yards. While that was still sub MOA they were not consistent but I did finally find ammo the gun liked.

Shooting at 200 yards we were running out of daylight by the time we were done with the fire lapping. This is the last group of the day. The barrel still shoots much better hot but the groups are tighter the before we started. This leads me to think a little more lapping and it may group more consistent.

The lowest shot on the target was before a scope adjustment then it shot the 4 shot group with 1 flier right above it. then with no scope adjustment it shifted to the to group and shot those 3

I think It can be improved with a little more barrel work but still at 200 yards the 2 groups are 1.5" approx

I am pretty happy with that but would be nice for it not to shift so dramatic, I may be asking to much from a factory barrel, we'll see

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    well actually this is a 240 yard group if I remeber correctly. We only shot this at 100 yards once and that was before doing any work and it did not group well My bad these were 100 yards

Last edited:

CavMedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Plainfield
    This is simply amazing. How does the Magpul stock seem to be holding up. Obviously you haven't had for long but with the repeated installing and removing the action does it still seem to seat perfectly or do you think there will be play in fittings at some point?

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    This is simply amazing. How does the Magpul stock seem to be holding up. Obviously you haven't had for long but with the repeated installing and removing the action does it still seem to seat perfectly or do you think there will be play in fittings at some point?

It seems fine. I am sure the more expensive stocks are more stable. But it does have an aluminum bedding block in it so I think properly torquing it and it will remain as rigid as it can be

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    The gun now sports a IOR 3x18 scope and a Timiny 1.5lb trigger We will be test firing it This weekend I will follow up with some targets....unless they are real bad :) Also the gun was refinished Tungsten Cerakote

[/QUOTE]

That is real nice, good work! Makes me want to get another bolt gun. :)

nrgrams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Columbus
    The gun now sports a IOR 3x18 scope and a Timiny 1.5lb trigger We will be test firing it This weekend I will follow up with some targets....unless they are real bad :) Also the gun was refinished Tungsten Cerakote

That is real nice, good work! Makes me want to get another bolt gun. :)[/QUOTE]

Wow! Turned out great! Hope it's a shooter.

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Allen, have you figured cost for the time involved yet?

Looking to add a Bartlein bbl in 6.5 CM (Creedmoor, not Churchmouse);) as well as trueing up the rcvr like you've done so far.
    . Sako style extractor too, once you've got the process figured out.

I am working on pricing. I have been comparing what others charge and actual amount of time involved. I can do the Sako extractor however it's my understanding that the mini M16 extractor is more robust. I am going to install one of those in 1911ly's rifle.

As always with anything I do if your not happy you get you money back.... So far so good :)

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I can do the Sako extractor however it's my understanding that the mini M16 extractor is more robust. I am going to install one of those in 1911ly's rifle.

It is done yet? You've had it for 2 whole days?? I kid. I kid.

I am honored to be one one the first to have a AllenM modified R700. I think you guys will be impressed with it when it is done. It's going to be a long action magnum. Allen has a really cool plan for it. There will be a separate tread on it when it's close to being done. That's many many weeks away. Thanks Allen for taking on my project. I am so excited.

A before picture. The start of a beautiful thing:

Say tuned................

Top Bottom