• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    :soapbox:

Ive had Farm Bureau for almost 8 years. So today, I go to readd my Jeep to my policy (as a pleasure vehicle), and they tell me the rate. It is now more than when I had it as a daily driver. Why? Because Im adding a third vehicle. They said before that it had the years of being on the policy (like seniority or something)... But now its a new policy, EVEN THOUGH IM ADDING IT TO MY CURRENT POLICY. They claim thats just how it is. I politely informed them that this is unacceptable, and I will be shopping for new elsewhere, as it seems like customer service is not all too important.

This isnt my first run-in with them. I found out that I had a new agent months after he had started, when I went in to ask a question, and asked for *****, and the girl at the desk informed me that he hadnt worked there in months, and **** now has my account.

And the fact that my home owners insurance has almost doubled since starting my plan, yet I have done no exterior remodeling. They told me on that "Yeah, rates just go up."

I hate this company, and will be more than happy to spread the word on their terrible service.

schmeed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    I switch from State Farm (agent was my father's close friend) to Farm Bureau (agent a friend of mine).

When I need something and call the office, the "secretaries" are helpful. My agent = a ghost.

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    Seems like all insurance companies will try to milk you for every dollar.

I need to switch as I'm been with state farm for 9 years. The rates on my current vehicles are almost the same as the day I purchased the vehicles new. Doesn't make sense that they are 7 years old and I'm paying just about the same premium as I did when they were new.

schmeed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    Seems like all insurance companies will try to milk you for every dollar.

I need to switch as I'm been with state farm for 9 years. The rates on my current vehicles are almost the same as the day I purchased the vehicles new. Doesn't make sense that they are 7 years old and I'm paying just about the same premium as I did when they were new.
    They will tell you: "While the value of your vehicle has done down, overall costs of insurance have gone up, and we have to pass that on to our consumers."
    Blah....blah...blah...

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I'll be searching for a new company, as well. State Farm is not turning out to be a good friend.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    I'll be searching for a new company, as well. State Farm is not turning out to be a good friend.

I finally had to tell my State Farm agent to go **** himself. They screwed me on something simple and dragged it out for 6 months before finally denying me. I went with Farm Bureau and they've been good so far, my costs went down from State Farm and my agent actually gave me his cell # as well as his office # to reach him.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    When it comes to liability insurance I've never understood why you have to pay extra for additional cars. You can only drive one car at a time. They should insure the driver and not the car the way I see it.

Now collision and comprehensive I can somewhat understand additional charges per vehicle.

Insurance is a racket. :twocents:

Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    I had about the same thing with Farm Bureau. I was paying for brick and mortar service but getting the shaft. I am now with Geico. They lost my life insurance, 3 vehicles, 2 motorcycles and my home owners.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Left State farm when I had to use un-insured motorist to cover my car when hit by a, wait for it, "Un-insured motorist"
    They raised my rates and said sorry, cost of doing business. I said see ya, sorry, bite me.

AAA for everything I have now. Agent is life long friend and he has all my policies including life. My rates are good and service is excellent. He is a shooter/hunter as well.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Ive had Farm Bureau for almost 8 years. So today, I go to readd my Jeep to my policy (as a pleasure vehicle), and they tell me the rate. It is now more than when I had it as a daily driver. Why? Because Im adding a third vehicle. They said before that it had the years of being on the policy (like seniority or something)... But now its a new policy, EVEN THOUGH IM ADDING IT TO MY CURRENT POLICY. They claim thats just how it is. I politely informed them that this is unacceptable, and I will be shopping for new elsewhere, as it seems like customer service is not all too important.

This isnt my first run-in with them. I found out that I had a new agent months after he had started, when I went in to ask a question, and asked for *****, and the girl at the desk informed me that he hadnt worked there in months, and **** now has my account.

And the fact that my home owners insurance has almost doubled since starting my plan, yet I have done no exterior remodeling. They told me on that "Yeah, rates just go up."

I hate this company, and will be more than happy to spread the word on their terrible service.

So I am guessing you got the jeep running again....................;)

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Farm Bureau is one of the most confused Insurance Companies that I have ever been Insured with. I'm extremely happy with a Company that I had never heard of before and we have had now for several years, Hastings Mutual. Home, Farm and Auto

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I am not looking forward to stirring a teenager into the recipe. I'm sure that's going to be an adventure. I have the vehicles on Geico and the house on someone I'd so thoroughly not heard of that I can't even tell you who it is now. Well, I'm notably bad at names, too.

B6240

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    South Central IN
    I have had state farm for years had several claims and they have been great every time. I believe it has a lot to do with the agent you have. I moved an hour away from mine but i still deal with them when you find great service don't give it up.

Hosshauler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2013
    Clinton
    I think a good agent is everything. Farm Bureau has all of my business. My agent always seems to get me great prices. Every time I get other quotes he has them beat. You might try a different agent.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    I have had state farm for years had several claims and they have been great every time. I believe it has a lot to do with the agent you have. I moved an hour away from mine but i still deal with them when you find great service don't give it up.

I think a good agent is everything. Farm Bureau has all of my business. My agent always seems to get me great prices. Every time I get other quotes he has them beat. You might try a different agent.

What these two said...my son moved 4 hours away and kept his agent here. She's got our back all the time. Makes sure we have all the discounts available to us and kept me from canceling a policy (seniority thing like OP said) instead transferred it to a new vehicle. Also made sure that when our kids became adults that we transferred ownership of the policy on their cars instead of them taking out new policies. Saved my kid a bunch of money.

If anyone would like to contact my agent just send me a PM and I'll give you her contact information.

Jeff

Home of the P7
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    South Indy
    Have used them all at one time or another. Most had good service. Then I chose USAA, nothing but great service from them.

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    We had Farm Bureau for a few years, rates were high but we were used to it I guess. Went to our local HBG one day for a quote just for the heck of it, and ended up with much better coverage with lower deductibles for half the price through Westfield Insurance.

doubleshock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2010
    hamilton county
    My $.02: I am former personal/commercial ins. agent of 20 yrs. service. Opinion: FB Ins., bad service, poor coverage= not worth it @ any price. SF Ins, I check their auto/HO rates every time I requote my personal ins. and they never fail to be the highest premiums of any of several companies/agents I obtain quotes from. Advice: Get new quotes every 5 to 6 years from several of your local agents/companies, make sure you are comparing "apples to apples" on coverages/limits. Good luck!

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana

Had'em 25 yrs ago......an' yeah.......they stuck it in my ***.......told'em ta take they ins and SHOVE it......an' if they need'd any help,jus' bend over an' I'd oblige'em......:twocents:

SOB's would starve ta fook'n death if they next meal depend'd on 'nuther dollar from me.......:twocents:

Top Bottom