• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    Anyone else ever do this? And then forget where that "safe" place is? :xmad:

Last year or so, I bought a couple hundred rounds of .22 Long. I bought them for a specific rifle that will shoot them. A sweet little bolt action that I inherited.

Well, I put them aside somewhere so I wouldn't accidentally pack them out to the range and shoot them up with my .22LR. Now, I can't find them.

Yeah , I safeguarded them. I safeguarded the crap out of them. Even safeguarded them from myself. :D

Well, someday they'll turn up. Hopefully, my heirs will get to use them, because I sure can't find them. :D

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    I do it all the time, then replace it and then find it. Almost played that game with my wedding ring a few times (mainly the reason if I take it off, I only like to put it on my bed stand or near my cell phone). My ring almost blends in with the counter top covers in the kitchen.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I just found a box of 50AE and 2 boxes of 44mags I did that with a few years ago. And where I found them I would not have thought to put them. I suspect they got moved!

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I'm sure I've got plenty of little "squirrel stashes" around the house I've forgotten about.

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    bwahaha! the worst is when you tell yourself the "this is such an unusual spot for it, I'm sure to remember where I put this" lie. Then you find it and get the "Why the hell did I put it there?" reaction.

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    4 or 5 years ago, I picked up a couple of pen knives. One was just a plain Jane little rusty knife that was missing that little loop on the end. One had a Royal Canadian Mounted Policeman on it and was pristine. Put the RCMP knife somewhere "safe", so the kids didn't run off with it, and chucked the other one in the drawer of my end table next to the couch.

4 or 5 years later, can't find the RCMP knife, and the little rusty one is till in my end table drawer. ;)

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Once in college I had a keg part on my birthday. After we blew the keg I apparently removed the tap and hid it so it wouldn't get stolen.

Unfortunately I was too drunk to remember this. Of course the next day I thought it had been stolen. For months I accused my roommate's friend of taking it. I found it when we moved out at the end of the year. I had stashed it up on top of the kitchen cabinets.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I actually found an SKS I did not know I lost......:dunno:

At least you found it... haha!!!

I do this all the time. As a matter of fact, I know there was something recently that I was looking for and couldn't find because I set it somewhere for safe-keeping then couldn't find it. Oh well, must not be too important if I can't even remember what I was looking for anymore... lol

Top Bottom