• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • .452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    two nights ago i got off work and drove home. i live in the country and are surrounded by woods on all sides. closest neighbors are about 200 yards away in any direction. as i approach my driveway i can see an old red colored chevy s10 pull in my drive. i dont know anyone who drives an s10 at all so i immediately became concerned. i pulled in behind them and when i got to the top of the hill they were pulled around our driveway loop. i watched them (2 men) carfully as i pulled into the garage. no one else was home. i continued to observe them while i quickly got out of my truck. (im wheelchair bound so it takes a little longer to get out and im immobile for those 2 minutes getting out of my truck). the 2 men remained in their truck while i got out. when i finally got out i tucked my shirt under my Springfield XD9C on my hip. i wanted to go to the house door to get my backup (85lb. german shepherd Emma) but i didnt want to turn my back on the 2 men. so i started moving towards their vehicle about 40 yards away. the driver got out and walked towards me. i stopped and asked "Can i help you?" he could tell i had a handgun on my left hip. X:"We are here to look at your furnace" ME: "no one told me that anyone was coming to look at our furnace and we havent ran the furnace yet" X:"well we got a call saying to be at this address" ME: "Whats the address given?" X:"ummm....i cant remember" ME:"who do you work for?" X:"were contractor for a company" ME:"can i see some identification that you work for this company?" X:"sh*t man i dont have any".....this whole time im trying really hard to focus on both the man in front of me at about 10 yards, and the passenger in the truck watching his movements which the passenger looked really nervous. the passenger looked to be in his late teens early 20's and the driver was in late 30's early 40's but looked like hell and was dressed very dirty. i then stated ME:"okay well i dont know whats going on but i would like to ask you to leave my property" the driver said nothing and turned around went back to his vehicle, got in and drove away. i stayed outside and could tell they didnt pull out of the driveway. i could hear the engine at the bottom of the hill. at this point i went in the house, grabbed my HD shotgun and sat in the kitchen watching the driveway. about 5 minutes later i was about to call the sheriff dept. but then i finally hear the truck pull out. i went outside with my shotgun, handgun, and my german shepherd and sat there for a minute makin sure that one of them didnt sneak into my woods. after about 20 minutes i went inside. i have decided im going to place a rifle or shotgun in my garage.

also, i asked my father if he called someone to look at the furnace and he didnt. we also have some pretty shady neighbors and there are sheriff runs there once a week and they have new people around constantly, so i wouldnt be suprised to see these 2 cats running around over there.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Do you carry a cell phone?

Should anything like this happen again, call the law FIRST.

You are, unfortunately, at a large disadvantage due to being in a wheel-chair. If either of those fellers had tried anything when you were physically close to them, this might have a different ending.

Having said that, I'm glad those mopes left.

I'd still call the police and file a report, though.

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    What time was this at? That was definitely some shady business.....I'd keep an eye out for them and call the sheriffs dept asap if you ever see them again. Can't hurt to have them check it out..

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    What time was this at? That was definitely some shady business.....I'd keep an eye out for them and call the sheriffs dept asap if you ever see them again. Can't hurt to have them check it out..

a little past 7pm, also about 3 months ago someone stole our 210 gallon water tank we use for filling up our pool. it was in the woods next to the our water well. nothing else was gone. somehow somebody managed to haul that biga** thing through our woods up and down hills. i have game cams now watching our woodline that i change positions every couple weeks

Jubba

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    WAL-MART
    I have a guy I know replacing my furnace next week. He sent some of his help to pick up a check today. I had him describe them to me before they came, didn't want to shoot the wrong people. It's a good thing I got the description because once they came, I would have sent them on their way without giving them the check.

Back on topic, I would agree to call the police and file a report.

Demo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2010
    Tactically speaking it may have been better for you (if you have a cell phone) to call the police from the road instead of pulling in.

Sure it could be a easy explanation; however that'll work out if it is and you'll be much less exposed to risk.

I'm very happy you are alright and were prepared to defend yourself.

ISHOOTHST'S

Master
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Iyaf
    I'm here to fix the furnace

No you are here to get shot. Woulda been my first words honestly. There are too many of these guys out here trying to get folks to let them in, rob them etc.

Becareful :ingo:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Crap! That sent heebie-jeebies down my spine. I'm glad you're okay now, but I'd be worried about them coming back. They know you're limited in mobility and dumb people do dumb things.

booey50

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    nw indiana
    you did everything right... the only thing that worried me is what would of happened if the passenger had gotten out of the car?

glock2010

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 3, 2010
    In The Backwoods
    I would call the police and let them know what happened and i would keep a shotgun in the garage and make sure you are prepared so if these bottom feeder skum bags come back the only way they will be leaving is in a body bag. Im glad you are ok ...:draw:

warmachine

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    East Central Indiana
    I have a guy I know replacing my furnace next week. He sent some of his help to pick up a check today. I had him describe them to me before they came, didn't want to shoot the wrong people. It's a good thing I got the description because once they came, I would have sent them on their way without giving them the check.

Back on topic, I would agree to call the police and file a report.

I had something similar happen to me. We have a guy who does our yard when Im too lazy to do it myself and we called him one time this summer and he said he would be over the next afternoon. So Im sitting in the living room the next day with my 4 year old daughter and 2 guys come walking up my driveway and start moving my lawn furniture beside my garage, I had never seen either of these guys before in my life, so I send my daughter to my wife and knowing my XD is 5 feet behind me I crack the door and ask them what they are doing in my yard, to which they reply getting ready to mow it. I could barely hear them over the heart beat in my ears but I did notice they had company name on both their shirts and I saw their boss' truck down the road. So it was actually legit in my case but in yours I dont buy.Man thats just not cool. Im glad youre alright but I would definitely keep a gun very close to me in case they came back.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    trash are like deer, we have too many of them, and we need a season on them. I just wish i could have dropped the piece of trash that robbed my 95 year old grandmother .

That's a tag I wouldn't complain about buying. I just don't know a taxadermist that could handle the volume I'd bring them.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    As others said call the law ASAP, by not doing that they now have the chance to go to someone else's home and rob them or worse, you might have been able to stop that, I am sure they are scum and are wanted by the law.

Being in your situation I would have pulled up behind them with my high beams on and had my weapon drawn across my lap and waited, you put yourself at a worse situation getting out of the truck.

Glad it worked out, did you get a license plate number?

Top Bottom