• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esigler

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Rio Rancho, NM
    The bad thing is there gonna get us true HVAC techs that are either given the wrong address or read the address wrong shot. I don't know how many times I've knocked on the door to find it the wrong address. Many time when I worked in Elkhart County, I was given an address and told the door is unlocked, but I always was nervous what if I was given the wrong address, I go in and get shot?

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    you did everything right... the only thing that worried me is what would of happened if the passenger had gotten out of the car?

^^ Agreed.

Distance is your friend due to your circumstances. I believe your OC definetly had them re-thinking their plans. You didn't look like potential prey when they saw your teeth and they decided to go elsewhere.

I believe OC deterred something here. :rockwoot:

Way to go. Stay alert and be safe .452

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Reps to you for holding your ground. I'd definately keep an eye out for these losers. Any possiblity of getting a permanent outside dog too? If there is a next time and you are alone I'd definately make sure the dog is out there with you.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    The bad thing is there gonna get us true HVAC techs that are either given the wrong address or read the address wrong shot. I don't know how many times I've knocked on the door to find it the wrong address. Many time when I worked in Elkhart County, I was given an address and told the door is unlocked, but I always was nervous what if I was given the wrong address, I go in and get shot?
    That's why you refuse to go into a home unless someone 18 or older is present. Not to mention the liability.

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    i know there were things i could have done different, someone mentioned i should have stopped when i saw them pull in my driveway and called 911. i didnt have the option to stop because i didnt know if my 15 year old sister had come home from school that day or went to a friends. so i knew i had to get there immediately. i knew i would have to confront them but i also knew i needed to keep as much distance from them as possible if they were to either pull a weapon or try and get to me. secondly i should have tried to get a lisence number, call the law when i pulled in the garage. my mind was racing a little bit tryin to weigh different options and be as observant as possible. also, i have spoken to a state trooper that im good friends with about the incident. he is going to file a report with the sheriff for me and ask for more patrols in the area. he mentioned to me that home robberys are going up in our area. apparently someone stole a 4 wheeler a couple streets in broad daylight while the homeowners were there.

IndyTech

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    You did good kid, don't let the internet experts give you too hard a time.

Best to listen to your State police buddy about how to take care of things going forward.

Glad to hear everything turned out OK with this interaction and hope it stays that way.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    i know there were things i could have done different,

And its great that you're re-playing that scenario over in your mind, thinking about how you could've reacted differently. This is a very important part of self-defense.

As someone mentioned above, I think staying in your truck (vs parking it in the garage and getting out) would've been a better option. It would've given you much more mobility, and the ability to drive away if needed.

The OP said it was nighttime, but didn't mention how dark it was. I would also recommend a high-lumen handheld light. This can be a force-multiplier when used with your handgun, or as a means of keeping someone unknown at bay.

down3green

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 19, 2010
    Brown County
    I would also recommend a high-lumen handheld light. This can be a force-multiplier when used with your handgun, or as a means of keeping someone unknown at bay.

I agree. This can be a great "equalizer." The bg won't be able to tell what's behind the blinding light, and that alone can create a great tactical advantage for you!

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    I agree with the 911 call first. Maybe the law could dentify them without them having any I.D. The way you described one of your neighbors, you should consider building a fence around your house and leave the dogs out during the day. jat.

Field King

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    a little past 7pm, also about 3 months ago someone stole our 210 gallon water tank we use for filling up our pool. it was in the woods next to the our water well. nothing else was gone. somehow somebody managed to haul that biga** thing through our woods up and down hills. i have game cams now watching our woodline that i change positions every couple weeks
    this is most likely a local familiar with the landscape, very little chance a stranger to the area would start dragging without knowing how far?

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Why is it no one ever calls the police first thing when getting suspicious?

Then you could go on as usual and keep them busy until the cops get there.

Top Bottom