• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • onviousluu

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2010
    Medical pot grower: 'I'm in jail for helping people'' | KATU.com - Breaking News, Sports, Traffic and Weather - Portland, Oregon | Local & Regional

100511_guy_casey.jpg

TACOMA, Wash. -- Guy Casey is one of the two medical marijuana growers who have been booked into jail, accused of selling the drug to the general public.

Dozens of marijuana plants were seized from what police are calling an illegal operation. But Casey, the main grower, says he was just trying to help people dealing with medical issues.

"I'm in jail for helping people, so be it," he said during an exclusive jailhouse interview with KOMO News. "You'll see the public outcry. We'll see what's going on."

Casey says he's the victim of a police crackdown on legitimate medical marijuana users, including patients dealing with cancer treatments, glaucoma and physical injuries.

"Here I am, a 48-year-old patient. And here I am in jail, trying to explain my situation. It's a travesty. This is insane," he said.

But police see Casey as a drug dealer. His Olalla home, as well as his storefront - Club 420 - were raided Tuesday morning. Agents found nearly 70 marijuana plants in an underground grow operation at Casey's home.

Detectives say the limit for medical marijuana plants is 15, but Casey says he needs the 70 plants to provide adequate care for the three legal users he provides for.

"If you read the law, it says 15 or whatever you deem necessary. It's been amended. They don't put a lot of credence to that, but that's the facts," said Casey.

Investigators believe Casey and his co-defendant were using the medical marijuana operation as a front for selling to people who don't have authorization to have medical marijuana.

The multi-agency West Sound Narcotics Enforcement Task Force has been working on the case since January with the help of undercover informants.

"Several of the undercover informants were able to make purchases there, and clearly did not have the proper credentials. Nobody checked, and it was simply a good place to buy marijuana," said Det. Lynelle Anderson.

But Casey claims he's eager for the facts of the case to surface.

"I'm calling for everybody in the medical marijuana community to stand behind us and this situation. Let's get it squared away. This is ridiculous," he said.

Casey and his co-defendant are set to appear in court on Wednesday. Casey said he doesn't plan to bail out of jail; he wants to stay behind bars in order to make a statement.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Sounds like he was dealing for profit. Not that I have a problem with it, but if he was going against the law, he has no case. :dunno:

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Liberty: 1 : the quality or state of being free: a : the power to do as one pleases b : freedom from physical restraint c : freedom from arbitrary or despotic control d : the positive enjoyment of various social, political, or economic rights and privileges e : the power of choice

Freedom: 1 : the quality or state of being free: as a : the absence of necessity, coercion, or constraint in choice or action b : liberation from slavery or restraint or from the power of another

Good to know this vicious criminal is locked up. I hope he gets the death penalty. I wish I could pay more taxes so that we can hire more cops to crack down on the evil, corrupt, menacing :runaway:marijuana:runaway:

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Want a look at tyranny? Putting people in jail for making voluntary exchange with other adults for a product that is relatively less dangerous than alcohol - a government approved recreational drug - is tyranny, pure and simple. When it's for medical purposes, it becomes something even worse.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    Want a look at tyranny? Putting people in jail for making voluntary exchange with other adults for a product that is relatively less dangerous than alcohol - a government approved recreational drug - is tyranny, pure and simple. When it's for medical purposes, it becomes something even worse.

LOL All that dope was surely for "medical" purposes. LOL

something that is just all worse......:crying:

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Money game. Charge a guy for a license to grow, sting his place later on. 50/50 shot you catch him selling to someone without the magical permission card. It's pot. People like to smoke it. You're dieing, you can have pot. You aren't dieing, you can't have pot. That is a crazy system to dispense a plant that was created by God.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    LOL All that dope was surely for "medical" purposes. LOL

something that is just all worse......:crying:

When it comes down to it, I don't really care about it's purpose. The government has no legitimate power to tell me which plants I can ingest and which ones I can't, regardless of my reason for doing so. When they do, it's tyranny, pure and simple.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Much as I would like to try distilling the wine I make into brandy, I don't. It's just not worth it. People should petition thier representatives to change the law or do what is done in most cases, give them a suitcase full of cash. Problem is the people who have the suitcase of cash here want to keep the law as it is so they can keep making more suitcases of cash.:):

Top Bottom