• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    Just curious, what would be the right logistical steps?

IMO, 360 degree training should only ever be done on a circle bay, and it is never ok to sweep someone with a gun loaded with live ammunition. 360 training requires a very unique facility and does not give people wide berth to ignore any conventional safety policy. Significant parts of this video are in contradiction to the very point of doing this training. The groups that would actually use this type of instruction would laugh in the face of this video. I doubt anyone, anywhere would condone the practice of taking shots that place the bullet within 12 inches over the head of your partner. The very tacticaltasic scene where 2 guys swing mirror opposite of each other on the super close and tight drill seems like a massive recipe for disaster as the first time a guy swings the wrong way, or slower that his partner the right way, he ends up with a barrel in his face.

Again, thats an opinion, and worth what you paid to read it.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    That video reminded me an awful lot of some guys I've seen doing some cool looking bo staff kata with a carbon fiber toothpick staff; it looks kinda cool but in real life is a great way to get your butt whooped.

I am relatively sure they practiced that stuff alot and could do all the moves as practiced and choreographed. That said, I have a big problem with folks who use downrange live fire as advertisement/publicity/ etc.

It just begs for people who fancy themselves "operators" to think it is soooo cool and try it. IMO it is unnecessary, unethical, and a disservice to all firearms owners to advertise in this fashion.

Best,

Joe

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Well, there's always training for hostage situations...with live hostages and live rounds...
    [ame=http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3b1_1314036407]LiveLeak.com - South American firearms training using live hostage and live rounds#1/3 (DO NOT TRY THIS YOURSELF)[/ame]

Top Bottom